Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock or Jet-Hot headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Edelbrock or Jet-Hot headers

I just can't seem to decide right now. The Jet-Hots are a good header from what I've seen, but the New Edelbrock w/TI-tech look good also. The Edelbrocks do have a few extra thing going for them that might be better than the Jet-Hots: New TI-tech coating, Merge collectors, Stepped design (1 /3/4 to 1 7/8), Great price, and a better ORY merge.

Here is a link w/ some pics https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/256344-any-word-yet-edelbrock-headers-new-ti-tech-coating.html

If I get the edelbrock I'm curious as to how much it should cost to weld the collectors to the headers (about 8 welds in all.)

Last edited by Richiec77; 01-13-2005 at 08:18 AM. Reason: more info
Old 01-13-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's up to you really; both companies have great reputations and the power will be minimal between each header.

I wouldn't expect it to be more than 100 for the welds.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Richiec77
I just can't seem to decide right now. The Jet-Hots are a good header from what I've seen, but the New Edelbrock w/TI-tech look good also. The Edelbrocks do have a few extra thing going for them that might be better than the Jet-Hots: New TI-tech coating, Merge collectors, Stepped design (1 /3/4 to 1 7/8), Great price, and a better ORY merge.

Here is a link w/ some pics https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256344

If I get the edelbrock I'm curious as to how much it should cost to weld the collectors to the headers (about 8 welds in all.)
Edelbrock or Jet Hot are you kidding me? JET HOTs hands down! Jet Hot coating cut surface temp over 50% and lower under hood temps mean more hp. The aluminum protion of Jet Hot Sterling's compound starts to melt at temps over 1,300 degrees F. And the Jet Hot 2000 protects up to 2,400 degrees F. Go to www.jet-hot.com and read a little of the info on their product. They will even send you some free info in the mail too, thats what I got. Read this and you will be sold on jet hots. I plan to order mine next week.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Resident

Jet hots out of those 2, Personally would get Pacesetter or Kooks
Old 01-14-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the advice. I decided to get the Edlebrocks afterall. I was able to get them for roughly $495 shipped to my door. That is for the Headers and ORY. They have the new Ti-Tech coating on them and I just have to see how they work out. If the coating doesn't hold up or the underhood temps are too much, I can still Jet-Hot coat these and still be under the price I got from Jet-Hot.

As far as the Header goes, I believe the Edelbrocks will prove in the long run to be the better choice for headers. Right now with my mods, the difference would be +/- 5 hp ft/lbs, but when I start with Heads and Cam they should prove to be able to make more power. The 2 points are the stepped design and the merge collector. Also the 3 1/2 collectors would work great with true dual or a 3 1/2 ory to a 4" cat-back.

I'm going to try to get back to back dyno runs going from Stock Manifold to the edelbrock. There is a dyno in town that I could use. The only thing that might affect me getting the dyno runs would be fundage. I have the mods in my sig, and no LS6 intake, 85 maf, cam or a good tune. I use a diablo sport for now untill I can save up for HP tuners.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:42 AM
11 Second Club

after what i went through.. i wouldnt get anything else besides QTPs stainless headers...

My Jethots rusted and the coating starting to peel off in a few months
Old 01-14-2005, 08:22 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

From what Edelbrock states, their coating will not flake with heat. What the literature states is that heat actually helps cure the coating more.

Time will tell how these hold up.