Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DL10 high speed data logger?

Old 01-13-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DL10 high speed data logger?

Is any one using this logger?
I saw it at the track last weekend. This thing looks top notch at about a 1/3 the price of Racepack! The software seemed to be supper user friendly too.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a link or anything to the product?
Old 01-13-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BTL FED
Got a link or anything to the product?
WWW.rpmperf.com

I talked with the developer at the track. I think he said that he used to do product development with Autometer. Very knowledgeble about racing. He was TTing his own car. Something else very interesting...his buddy had a 8 second diesle Truck!!
Old 01-14-2005, 06:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks nice, and it has a good price for someone wanting something basic, but it doesnt have enough inputs for me
Old 01-14-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Very interesting. I would want more than one EGT source though.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TApimp
Very interesting. I would want more than one EGT source though.
The unit I saw at the track came with dual EGT...I belive.

What I liked about the system was the software. Leeps and bounds above any I have used as for as ease of use and logging from mutiple cars. I really liked the ability to imput from different cars without having to change profiles. The one click chanel feature is nice too and how easy it appears to be to calibrate for nonlinear sensors is a big +
Old 01-14-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

You can run up to 4 EGT's, with another piece sold separately you can run all 8. It is 10 channels, 2 RPM (engine, driveshaft, inputshaft, wheel, etc). 1 accelerometer (G meter). 4 analog for temp, pressure, vacuum, EGT, shock travel, or position. 3 digital for WOT, nitrous stages, throttle stop, etc. 1 Battery voltage. Our very good friend builds these, they are top notch and user friendly. We run them on our cars, takes the guess work out after a run. We are a dealer, and could run a GP or sell them separate for some great prices. Please dont hesitate to call me or shoot me an email if I can answer any more questions.

Last edited by Rob@ASMotorsports; 01-16-2005 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rob here is what I am looking for, could you tell me if this unit will do it, and what the cost would be.

Fuel Pressure
Oil Pressure
Nitrous Pressure
Water Tempature
Oil Tempature
Transmission Tempature
Driveshaft RPM
Engine RPM

Thanks
Kyle
Old 01-14-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

Rob here is what I am looking for, could you tell me if this unit will do it, and what the cost would be.

Fuel Pressure
Oil Pressure
Nitrous Pressure
Water Tempature
Oil Tempature
Transmission Tempature
Driveshaft RPM
Engine RPM

Thanks
Kyle

Kyle, you have 4 channels for analog. You have 6 listed. It will read 2 RPM so you are ok there. The price of the DL10 data logger is $390. This includes the data logger box, the software (Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, and XP compatable), the cable, and rpm wire.

In addition you would need your analog sensors, $98 a piece . A cable for each sensor $25 a piece. There are various RPM sensors that range from $45-$67 for different installs. Temp and EGT sensors are from $54-$95. There are more things available sensor wise, everyones will differ due to application. Like I mentioned before this thing is easy to use, these guys motto is "Built for racers by racers". Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

You were saying there is a different box needed to run 8 egt's I cant find it on there site, also do all eight require a seperate channel into the data logger?

Originally Posted by Rob@ASMotorsports
Kyle, you have 4 channels for analog. You have 6 listed. It will read 2 RPM so you are ok there. The price of the DL10 data logger is $390. This includes the data logger box, the software (Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, and XP compatable), the cable, and rpm wire.

In addition you would need your analog sensors, $98 a piece . A cable for each sensor $25 a piece. There are various RPM sensors that range from $45-$67 for different installs. Temp and EGT sensors are from $54-$95. There are more things available sensor wise, everyones will differ due to application. Like I mentioned before this thing is easy to use, these guys motto is "Built for racers by racers". Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

You were saying there is a different box needed to run 8 egt's I cant find it on there site, also do all eight require a seperate channel into the data logger?
The 8 EGT box is brand new. It is a piggyback to the DL10. It doesnt use any of the DL10's, 10 channels. Here's the kicker, it is $800.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rob@ASMotorsports
The 8 EGT box is brand new. It is a piggyback to the DL10. It doesnt use any of the DL10's, 10 channels. Here's the kicker, it is $800.
Ok, so...we are looking at $390 + 800 + sensors + exta terminal hardware, correct? Will the software need to be upgraded also for more $ ?

I still might be interested...I realy like the feel of the software.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Maggie
Ok, so...we are looking at $390 + 800 + sensors + exta terminal hardware, correct? Will the software need to be upgraded also for more $ ?

I still might be interested...I realy like the feel of the software.

No need for a software upgrade for the EGT box.

There is an $135 upgrade to the "Pro" software but it isnt needed, its more of a nicety <---dont even know if thats a word?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DL10 high speed data logger?