Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True Duals?

Alright I've been told by some to stay away from this setup for the exact reason I fear. I love the sound over the conventional exhaust setup. However I have some concerns, ok for you guys that do run the true duals. My interior and other pieces inside the car are basically perfect, I am worried that by running true duals, dumped before the axle will result in alot of new and unwanted interior rattles. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

run them out the back then...you will get ratles with dumped duals...imo that's no concern of mine...you must have some strange car if the interior doesn' already rattle or make other noises...i thought that was mandatory from the factory on these cars
Old 01-14-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just do it. Forget the rattles
Old 01-14-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya, my other car had more rattles than just about any car i have ever rode in. But this new one was owned by an older guy who basically used this as a sunday church vehicle. LOL if only he knew what was in store for it.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Launching!

I hate rattles as well but the sound and performance of that setup is totaly worth it
Old 01-14-2005, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

duals sound better and flow better! what kind of muffler do you plan on using?
Old 01-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Teching In

I came back to f-body camp after 10 years of Mustangs. Anywyas on my Mustangs I run dumps same basic thing as a true dual on a F-body. the sound is resonating pretty good with flowmaster mufflers had old 2 series in two and a set of delt flows not sure series came on car, on this one in particular I cut the tail pipes(2 1/4") and just eft it blow straight out. What I did notice was abnormal amount of exhaust carbon on the rear axle withthis straight out and no turn downs.

I am currently looking to buy headers and do my own x-pipe dual set up. It will be with turndowns. Can't beat the sound, but you must really like attention and are on the hardcore side a bit of hotrodding.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have duals out the back. No more vibration than stock. Sounds great. Was really expensive, bout a grand for headers back. I ran mine out the back for that exact reason to avoid the cabin noise. Am running bullet mufflers and no cats. was able to ride in a dumped car. Still sounds good. Slightly more raspy, and a fair amount of cabin noise. Your choice, but i would save up and go out the back. I am truly pleased with my setup. Give lanes performance a call. They make a nice dual system.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got TSP TD's and love them. Rattles? Hell yes, never had them before though and now there are some in the cabin. Tomorrow I'm sticking the old lady in the back seat, going for a ride and having her locate exactly where they are and I am going to go in and fix them with some foam tape, tighting the panels, using rubber washers, or something like that. Love the setup, hate the rattles, but something can be done about them.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Junkie

i love my duals. custom from lanes i dont really notice too many rattles though.... maybe im just used to it now. who knows. but its worth it regardless.

chris
Attached Thumbnails True Duals?-picture-053-copy.jpg