Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body

What is the largest throttle body that will fit on an LS6 intake? Is there a 90mm made to fit???? Or would that be pointless because of bottleneck in intake opening? Need to upgrade the stock TB for my new 408 and dont want to spend all the money on an LSX...
Old 01-15-2005, 02:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSkeet
What is the largest throttle body that will fit on an LS6 intake? Is there a 90mm made to fit???? Or would that be pointless because of bottleneck in intake opening? Need to upgrade the stock TB for my new 408 and dont want to spend all the money on an LSX...
Ok, not to be an ******* but you bought what typically runs as around a $5k motor, and presumably another $2k+ on heads, and now you're sketchy about spendin 1300 for what is commonly the best intake setup for stroker motors?

Hmm.....I'd pick up a FAST intake/tb setup and call it a day. Otherwise, you could blow a TON of cash also on TPIS' modified LS6 intake and oval TB, but thats about the same as the FAST setup when you're done. Either way, you won't get nearly as much out of your motor with the LS6/ported tb route.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Launching!

I know I know...but i figured it could wait. Only reason I was asking is because i know it is starving for air...guess i will have to put myself into more debt..