Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn. I can't believe I'm askin you guys If I have to worry about a NEON? GRRR

Old 01-15-2005, 07:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Damn. I can't believe I'm askin you guys If I have to worry about a NEON? GRRR

There is a NEON SRT4 Pushing well over 400 HP that's current best time before his most recent mods was 11.6 at 124 and with current mods should take him to 10.99

This neon keeps beating on Z06 H/C cars all the time. I've seen the clips.

I did say I wouldn't run on the street because I know my 10 bolt will snap on first launch at the track.

Do I have anything to worry about with a Neon that is now supposedly going to run an 10.99.
I just ordered
1. HP tuners Software,
2. New Stock Replacement MAF (old one throwin low voltage codes)
3. In Two weeks I pick up a set of the Original Stainless Steel SLP LT's
For Now though are these 3 things enough to beat him? I drive and shift very well.

Even with the 383 shortblock East Side built for me. Eagle Crank, Eagle H-Beam Rods (6.2") and JE Flat Top Pistons my compression is still stock so I should be good as NA for now right?

1. until I switch to 225cc AFR Mongoose heads with 76cc chambers. I"m kinda holdin off on those heads because I want to pick the best valvetrain: lifter, rocker, valve, spring, etc etc. Most reliable and durable even at high RPM)
2. I also haven't set my mind on a Turbo CAM yet. Ligenfilter Turbo Has this GT 2-3 Cam or what ever I want to look into.

I do have it narrowed down to 2 Turbo kits I want. Either Pham Speed or the one HP Performance is working on..
Pham has a complete kit for sale but doesn't come with a Front mount yet.

So I would have to wait till they have a complete kit including front mount.
Also The HP performance kits are going to be awesome but once again I have o wait.

Either way I gotta find some Power and make sure I'm deep into the 11's or high 10's. Especially since we'll be on the highway or street..
Right now I'm putting down 400/440.

I would think with LT's I would gain another 40 eh?

Hell even an LSX intake manifold and 90 mm Throttlebody is like over $1000 isn't it. For that price I might as well get heads. LOL See I know I want to end up with this intake manifold and TB when I'm done so I really don't see a point in buying a used LS6 intake manifold right away and then selling it later.

Any Advice guys. I'm all eyes and ears!
Old 01-15-2005, 07:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

What are your times right now?/

Just throw a 150 shot N2O on top (after tuning), and a set of slics, get him good at the line and tell him to kiss your _ss.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
What are your times right now?/

Just throw a 150 shot N2O on top (after tuning), and a set of slics, get him good at the line and tell him to kiss your _ss.
Well I do have a nitrous kit layin around I'm not using. I vowed to never use it again after blowin my last motor. There is only about 4k miles on this new motor..
I really don't have any times since this new build.

All I been doin since I got the car back has been fixin broken ****. Just replaced my stage 3 clutch, master cyl, slave cyl, transmission mount, fuel pump/system
Uninstalled a shorted line lock and a bunch of broken wires.
Now that I got things straightened out for the most part I'm tryin into look into makin more solid power.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Launching!

Yes, you have to worry about this Neon. I know which Neon you are talking about. It's fast, and if I remember, he's had even more work done to it since those video clips you are talking about. Though it's a Neon and you are obviously biased, fast is still fast. So get to worrying, put up or shut up, and quit causing a raucous over at HPJ.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Unless you are running in the 4.4x range (i.e., top fuel dragster), there is ALWAYS someone faster.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Nothing to worry about, it's just a Neon.

And in case you didnt get it from our pm's and posts on the board, I want to do this at the track. What part of "at the track" includes racing on the street?

Oh yeah, 10.99's?
Old 01-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Launching!

All I can say is.... you do something to worry about. Like what was said in a previous post, "there is always someone faster than you". Whether it be a an f-body or a neon! HP doesn't really matter.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04BlackSRT-4

And in case you didnt get it from our pm's and posts on the board, I want to do this at the track. What part of "at the track" includes racing on the street?

Oh yeah, 10.99's?
Of couse tere is always someone faster. It's always good to inquire on here. These guys know teir cars By no means am I putting down your car on here. Ialways value and respect everything said on here by these guys. One of LS1tech sponsors built my motor.

I know you said track and I said street. We both have opposing tastes on where we race . IF I ever runat the track it will be just once or twice to get a generalized time of how quick my ca is. To much **** breaks at the track. We've gone over this. I'm not trying to have this spill over fro HPJ eiher.

It was straight up technicial inquirey from the guys that know their stuff and know it well. LS1.com may be for fun but this is definatly the place I come for technical info.

I'm not about to get i the middle of a flame war or participate in any drama over here. Saveit for HPJ.

Scooby I'm very much so looking to racing you. I'm sure it's gonna be a rush for the both of us. I think it will be much closer and more interesting of a race on the street but we'll see.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh yeah, 10.99's?
Not to hyjack or anything but I would love to hear some of your mods that got you a 11.6 @124. Those are great times (for a skittle ) My buddy just got a silver one, and I would like an idea of what he has to do to hit those times. Thanks. Nice ride, bro.

Old 01-15-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D3IMOS

Either way I gotta find some Power and make sure I'm deep into the 11's or high 10's. Especially since we'll be on the highway or street..
Right now I'm putting down 400/440.

I would think with LT's I would gain another 40 eh?

Any Advice guys. I'm all eyes and ears!
With your current set-up, I'd say that LT's will net you another 30hp. I'm kinda surprised that your numbers are as good as they are without them.

But... if you really want to win (and I think it should be a driver's race now) why not add some N2O to make sure?

Finally, if you are going to race on the street, make sure it's at least a 1/4 mi. stretch, and be careful. Good Luck.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Revelation222
Not to hyjack or anything but I would love to hear some of your mods that got you a 11.6 @124. Those are great times (for a skittle ) My buddy just got a silver one, and I would like an idea of what he has to do to hit those times. Thanks. Nice ride, bro.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I made a car domain site to kind of keep track of the progress of the car from stock. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/764661

Have your buddy pm me on srtforums if he needs any help too. My screen name on there is silverscooby. I used to have a silver WRX, hence the name.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's very impressive! There are a couple of Neons around here. There not that fast but I heard the run in the low to mid 12's. It looks like a fun car to drive.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

spray him with 75 shot and call it good.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dude, i got an 11.6 with just a converter and 150 shot TNT. put that nitrous kit to work with that 383 and he will be no problem at all.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wink

400rwhp, 440rwtq is pretty damn good ... just get the LT's, ls6 intake, underdrive pulley, tune, GUT THE PIG and you're set ... if you can't run 10's with over 450rwhp (30hp for the LT's, 20hp for the intake, pulley and tune) after those mods in a tin can you got problems

that neon should hardly be a problem for your car ... ever try the driver mod?
Old 01-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Teching In

What he's not telling you guys is his 383 is a low compression motor.

In any case, I'm not scared.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

that's some garage you got there!
Old 01-15-2005, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

Oh yeah, 10.99's?

oh great, here we go, im staying out of this one.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Oh yeah, 10.99's?

impressive time.Good Luck on the 10s.wish the srt around here run those times.wouldnt mind lining up with them just for fun.

my advice for the other guy.slap that n2o and spray away.like said the key is tuning.good luck.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Christopher,

Good luck against Scoob.

I'm not gonna start over here, but how do you even know you have 400/440? You weigh 500+ lbs or more than scoob and you have less hp and torque..... do the math.

Search this Thread