Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR 205's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AFR 205's?

Im considering getting some of these for my future set up (in sig). any comments on these heads, how are they? with that cam is it a good combo? im trying to keep it sleeper on the street and at the track (or some person trying to mess with me) im gunna open the cut outs. This is also my daily driver is this set up realiable for daily driving? Also on the stock heads what are the stock chambers? Im trying to decide wheater or not to get the 66cc or the 76cc combustion chambers
thanks

Last edited by VaNDaL*SS*; 01-15-2005 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

JRP, can I take this one ?
Old 01-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mirek
JRP, can I take this one ?
That's pretty good....LOL

I don't think he would mind
Old 01-15-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Should update location to "under a rock"
Old 01-15-2005, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

LMAO! Yall kill me.

That would be a VERY streetable setup. Go a lil bigger on the cam.

Either way it should make some good power.

Brad
Old 01-15-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Veteran

lET jERAMI do it!
Old 01-15-2005, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

like squintz said that setup will be very streetable and make great power... go with the 66cc chambers ... no need for the search button, all your questions were answered and could of been in the time it took to type .. "JRP, can I take this one ?"

search button is great guys, but when it takes as much time as typing "use the search button" to answer a question, why not just answer it? you're already takin the time to type a reply anway, might as well answer the question.

and no offense to tony, run your business how you like, but i would of expected you to at least take the time to answer the guy since he is asking bout your heads. to me it seems that when you have a potential customer you try to be as helpful and informative as possible ... yes you might be repeating yourself 50 times but how's that any different when you get in-person customers in your shop, are they suppose to know what questions some guy that came in the other day asked and what the answer was?

btw i think some of you guys pick and choose which questions you'd like to answer and which to just say use the search button and it has no bearin on whether the questions was asked a million times or not ... a thread was started bout ls6 heads vs ls1 heads and was extensively explained and this thread bout afr heads was just ignored ... i'm pretty sure if i'm not mistaken both ls1 and ls6 heads have been out much longer than afr heads and the there would be a lot more to information on that topic using search than this one.

Last edited by madpwr1; 01-15-2005 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Well said madpwr1

VaNDaL*SS* The AFRs are great heads! Get the 66cc and if you don't already have the cam, get the cam AFR recommends with these heads. I believe it is a 224/228 cam on their grid. Or maybe Tony could share what it is.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

cool guys thanks for being nice about it, as for the guys who say use the search button blah blah, the afr heads havnt been around as long as some of the others , and i have never really seen to much written about them, it prob tooks these nice dudes to write their answer in the same amout of time it took u to laugh call me a dumbass and write ur comment. keep it clean all i want is info just like every1 else on this forum. id go with the 224/228 but im tryin to pass smog here in cali, =(
Old 01-15-2005, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLASTER
Should update location to "under a rock"
come on man i think im more mature than u about this and im only 19
Old 01-15-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Originally Posted by VaNDaL*SS*
come on man i think im more mature than u about this and im only 19
lol, I'm sure he can't help it...see where he is from? Need I say more?
Old 01-15-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Veteran

I don't think anyone called you a dumbass. It's kinda funny to see questions like that when the 205's have been discussed so much here. Plus, most of the laughter was directed towards Jerami.... AFR's are some of the best, or the best on the market.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
lol, I'm sure he can't help it...see where he is from? Need I say more?
LMAO! I just noticed his location.

Brad
Old 01-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Teching In

I noticed you have a Stealth II listed in your future mods...Do not use that cam with the AFR's I lost about 30 rwhp when I switched heads to the AFR's. I am now swapping in the cam that afr recomends. Should have dyno numbers in about a week.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

I did not mean to offend anybody but questions like "How are they" and "what cam is a good combo" are questions that cannot be answered easily or quickly (for the most part) knowledgeable members and vendors have taken the time (in the case of many folks that time is valuable) to discuss these things at length on the very same page. It is difficult to succinctly and accurately distill 20 pages of discussion *again*. Not that you even bothered to look, but perhaps you did not know to look (?) and in that instance nobody has any bitch about being told to "use the search button." You should be saying "thank you" because somebody is doing you a favor and putting your *** up on some valuable info.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

i would have been satisfied with yeah people really like those head, they are some of the best. that is all i was really looking for not 2 pages of tech jargon. like how squintz answered or how lady red hawk answered and wildheart. i just wanted a quick answer as to what they thought of the set up and how people like the heads. JRP should just close this thread now b4 people start shitting their pants on how excited they will get on putting their .02 cents in.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Ignore all the search button *****.... I noticed Tony indicated earlier that the AFR heads actually have BETTER emissions compliance then stock heads!!
Old 01-16-2005, 02:24 PM
10 Second Club

I would seriously take consideration to Wildheart's post. She lost 30 rwhp going from Absolute heads to AFR's with the Stealth II cam. I would look at an AFR cam that's been tested with their heads, I'm sure they have one that will pass emissions. My .02..

Dan
Old 01-16-2005, 03:15 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by madpwr1
and no offense to tony, run your business how you like, but i would of expected you to at least take the time to answer the guy since he is asking bout your heads. to me it seems that when you have a potential customer you try to be as helpful and informative as possible ... yes you might be repeating yourself 50 times but how's that any different when you get in-person customers in your shop, are they suppose to know what questions some guy that came in the other day asked and what the answer was?
tony has wrote so many posts on the AFR's both 205 and 225 you could right a whole book. he's coverd chamber size, angle and flat milling, cam selection quench, gasket thickness, valve sizing, ect. he is also a business man and doesnt have the luxory to sit around and respond to every little AFR question especially one he's answered ad nasuem. a few searches under the name "Tony Mamo" would have answered your question faster the waiting around for responses.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jrp
tony has wrote so many posts on the AFR's both 205 and 225 you could right a whole book. he's coverd chamber size, angle and flat milling, cam selection quench, gasket thickness, valve sizing, ect. he is also a business man and doesnt have the luxory to sit around and respond to every little AFR question especially one he's answered ad nasuem. a few searches under the name "Tony Mamo" would have answered your question faster the waiting around for responses.
his business is to sell heads and i don't care if tony works for walden books ... someone wants to buy something from you and asks a question bout it you answer it, otherwise at least don't be expecting me to shell out over $2500 of my hard earned money to a guy that doesn't care bout my concerns bout his product, which his business depends on that he has no time to sit around and respond to questions for. but anyway, tony is a stand up guy and has discussed his product relatively throughly and i would of just chosen a different way to reply to this *potential* customer if i was in his shoes but i'm not so i'm not gonna worry bout it and neither should you, mr mamo is a businessman and i think he can speak for himself.

btw, yes a search would help, it definitely would give the guy a lot more information, but would answering his question kill you? who knows something more could come out of a little question ... like have you ever heard the results wildheart posted before from any other afr thread?

this is gettin way off subject ... either help the guy with his questions or close the thread cause it's not going anywhere if the discussion conitues like this.

Last edited by madpwr1; 01-16-2005 at 03:45 PM.