Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Gearwrench vortex

Old 01-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearwrench vortex

What do you think about the Gearwrench vortex set? Its being sold at Sears of $30 but whats the point of buying it if its no good?!

Thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Default ?

Is anyone going to reply, or should I just remove all this. I would greatly appreciate it if you would because I really need this info.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

When they first introduced them my dad picked up one of the big complete sets from a tool rep and it was about $30 after the rebate. I've borrowed them acoupel of times just to see what they are all about. Overal they are nice and are made to handle some abuse. In a few situations I had to scratch my head and think for a second to figure out how they where suposed to work or what some of the pieces where for. It's a pretty universal set of sockets and I think it's a pretty neat kit to carry with you on the go but, I don't think I'd be replacing any of my tools with them.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

I have a set, there isn't anything wrong with them. I'm a Master Tech and I think i have used them maybe three times tops this year. Just don't buy them with intentions of replacing something.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gearwrench vortex