Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ses help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ses help!

does the code involving the o2's not heating up quick enough affect perfomance?

i was planning on heading out to the track.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

If you drive to the track, and you let the car run for more than 5 mins before making a pass, what should it matter? The o2's should be PLENTY warm by then.....it should only take like 2/3 of a second for them to heat up when fully operational, the warmer in your o2's are probably getting weak/old. Look into some 'vette o2s, they're all around better(except price wise lol).
Old 01-16-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shouldn't hurt performance... but if the O2s aren't heating fast enough (from my understanding they actually heat up hotter than the EGT .. and if they're not heating up fast enough will carbon over... once that happens normal driving will begin to suck w/a stock tune...

Generally this code seems to arise under 2 instances
1. As cyphur mentioned, if the heaters are getting old/wearing out
2. If people go to long tube headers, and run an O2 Extension instead of getting a Vette O2 sensor (the vette O2 sensor has a longer wire, same sensor I believe, but the wire's longer so no need to extension... seems the extensions add unnecessary resistance or something causing hte heaters to take longer than is good to heat up)
Old 01-16-2005, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

thanks guys, i just didn't want to go to the track if the computer would be pulling timing or something of that nature.(i don't know much about the computer stuff)

the code doesn't come up very often, the light turns off by itself after a cople days.