Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

decals

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default decals

i sanded down the center section b/t the taillights on my formula, and im in the process of polishing it back to its original shine. i was thinking about picking up some new decals that say 'formula' and getting a different style phoenix to put on there. i dont want red, and i was considering reflective black. what do you guys think about that? i emailed the guy that sells him (dont want to post cause i dont think hes a sponsor) and asked him if it would blend right, and he said hes sold alot of them to guys to put in the same spot.

i was also going to get decals to go on the side 'formula' on the doors, the headlight, front bird, and rear 'pontiac' and the only color that i think will go good with the pewter, would be black. but then that brings me to the question of should i get reflective black as well. i think it might look pretty good. and i was thinking about getting this decal as well, and getting it in reflective black too. in the day, itll look black...but at night itll shine. just wanted some other opinions before i drop a couple hundred bucks...
Old 01-16-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
... i was thinking about getting this decal as well, and getting it in reflective black too. in the day, itll look black...but at night itll shine. just wanted some other opinions before i drop a couple hundred bucks...

Ok, I know this isn't your car but this car looks like crap with these decals. I think the black version on your car might look a little better but I'd have to see it first. Right now I'd have to give these decals a two thumbs down .
Old 01-16-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks for the opinion. thats what im looking for. i dont want to shell out 250 dollars for something that looks like ***. the other problem ive seemed to encounter is the color of the decal when light hits them.

at one angle, they appear to be black.

but at another, theyre a goldish tone...

can i ask what you dont like about the decal? is it just the design? or the color scheme of the previous car?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Junkie

oh, and since i didnt specify....the problem is i dont know about the goldish tone against the pewter background of my car when the light hits it
Old 01-16-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the opinion. thats what im looking for. i dont want to shell out 250 dollars for something that looks like ***. the other problem ive seemed to encounter is the color of the decal when light hits them.

can i ask what you dont like about the decal? is it just the design? or the color scheme of the previous car?
Too busy. There's way too much going on with that decal. And I don't know what it's supposed to be .
Old 01-16-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Junkie

lol. its a phoenix. i do see what you mean about it being a lil too busy. but i want to do something else to the exterior, and all of the stripe sets are mainly for the ws6 hood, and i dont want to have to get a new hood just to get some decals.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

IMO I would not go with the big decal on the side.

<--My avatar has the formula on the back your talking about. You might want to look at the bird you put on there. The hollow wing bird is on the T/A, the partial hollow winged bird is on the formula, and the solid wing bird is on the V6. I don't guess it really makes any difference, just a little FYI.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

yea, i just dont like the one thats on the back now. ive already take off the firebird part. i just wanna do something diff...i havent decided on anything...just see whats around
Old 01-16-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

It makes a cool car look like a ricer
Old 01-16-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Junkie

well, since nobody likes this set. anyone have any other ideas? im not set on anything, so gimme some ideas
Old 01-17-2005, 04:48 AM
TECH Addict

well, since nobody likes this set. anyone have any other ideas? im not set on anything, so gimme some ideas
There is nothing wrong with this set and if you like that is what matters. Do not get too caught up in this.

BTW you will get better feedback in the appearance section than the enthusiasts...
Old 01-17-2005, 07:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't mean to sound sooooo critical. I bet there are people that don't like my red Camaro inserts on the front and rear.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:12 AM
TECH Junkie

well, im not looking for anyones approval on the set. just honest opinions. i dont like it or hate it, just seeing how everyone else feels.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

if its worth anything i love it, yes its busy , but in my opinion its looks fast and tough kinda but again some people dont like the decal design on my car either... see attached
Attached Thumbnails decals-picture-261.jpg   decals-picture-262.jpg   decals-picture-263.jpg   decals-picture-264.jpg  
Old 01-17-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Junkie

i like yours. its something different. but i do think the hood bird should maybe be a tad bit longer, as it seems like it just stops halfway down the hood
Old 01-17-2005, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

i think it would look better (the 1st bird) if it was one a car with fewer lines. If the sidevents werent there, along with the side moldings, id say go for it itd add lines of its own. mayb its just the vents...or mayb its the side molding i cant figure it out yet. The Birds have aggressive lines, not intended for the smoothe clean look of te camaro. thats why this may not work well. that 1st one needs a diff. color.

Now on the second one it looks amazing. but yeah the side molding needs to be removed i think. on a formula itd look cleaner the T/A flows into that side molding so yeah. What color is your car. If its adark go with the Reflective black, but if your pewter, go with either the black or see if you can get a shadow gray or something

theres a guy with a mustang out here...similar conscpet, black with white horse on thee side. since the mustang doors are smooth with no body lines, it looks good, adds some flavor.

i personally like it, but wouldnt do it for myself. if i had a formula diff story, because they look much smoother than T/A's
Old 01-17-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Junkie

i have a pewter formula. and im going to take off the side molding as soon as is not 20 degrees outside. as for the decal color, the only colors that will look well are black or a charcoal or something. i just like the whole idea of the reflective colors.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:21 AM
12 Second Club

it also may look gold because of the tint of the sun, and the color. on pewter it may look white if its reflective, then aain it may not. i think charcoal/shadow gray would look THE best. not to intense, very subtle and smoothe. JM$.02
Old 01-17-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Junkie

hmm..i just had an idea what if those decals were a: thinner, cause looking at it, the lines seem a lil big. or b: have the center of each line cut out so its just an outline pretty much. so the lines of the decal will be there but you will see pewter underneath..kind like a pinstripe or something. i realize i didnt explain the latter well, but ill try photoshop later if i feel like trying it. or someone else could do it
Old 01-17-2005, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

I actually like it. If you do that, I would consider blacking out the front lights and keeping the rear very clean. At least, that's the look I'm liking on my car right now.

Front: No decals, blacked out lights.
Sides: TransAm decals, silver painted grilles, nothing else.
Back: PONTIAC insert, silver bird/transam.

Not too busy in the back, black with 2 silver accents (TA and grille) on the sides, and completely black in the front.

Now this isn't the way everyone should do it, but I think you don't want too much all over your car. Since your car will be very busy on the sides with that decal, keep the front and rear a little smoother. Although I don't like taillight blackouts on my T/A, if you went with the large decal blackouts might look good to keep the car slick. Hope I helped.