Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutting fuel rail covers

Old 01-16-2005, 07:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutting fuel rail covers

Is there a website or anyone that can give me the exact measurements to cut fuel rail covers to fit on a 98 motor

thanks in advance,
zach
Old 01-16-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you still have your air pump, and smog equipment? The reason I ask is because 98-00 cars had the A.I.R. tubes on the manifolds and if you have smog headers, you would have to trim the covers differently. I removed this during my header swap, and I had to trim for the place for the tbody cables, cable bracket on intake, dipstick, and the second fuel line. When you cut for the second fuel line, you need to get a piece of paper first, and put it behind the cover, and take a pen and trace the cut for the fuel line on the paper, cut it out, and outline it onto the cover where you want it. Just put the cover on the car and look at it for about 5 minutes so you'll know where to cut everything. I'll put up a few pics of mine.

Old 01-16-2005, 08:22 PM
FormerVendor

thanks for the photos...i deleted the egr and air...so all thats outta the way

i want to save from taking them on and off the car to measure since i already filled them in and are primered and ready to paint....i know i shouldve cut first

thanks for the info,
zach
Old 01-16-2005, 11:13 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks PONTIACFAN for the advice and all your help, its guys like you that make these forums as helpful and useful as possible

once again thanks,
zach
Old 01-17-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the part number for FRC? I called my Pontiac dealership and they said that there are no fuel rail covers or "splash sheilds" for the T/A. Do they have some that say Trans Am on them already?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by prince xizor
What is the part number for FRC? I called my Pontiac dealership and they said that there are no fuel rail covers or "splash sheilds" for the T/A. Do they have some that say Trans Am on them already?
There are none specifically for the T/A. You must purchase the Corvette ones & modify them to fit. Takes a lot of time & work, ...

Driver Side: 12559261
Pass Side: 12556455

Use the "search" function up there on the right, ..., Search "Fuel Rail Covers". There's a ton of info on the boards.

PM sent also, ...

Thanks to Chief for the special mention,

Last edited by PontiacFan; 01-17-2005 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Mine were a major pain in the a** I had the pass side on wrong in the pics. Pics in Sig
Old 01-17-2005, 08:19 PM
Teching In

I know someone who is selling a set of new carbon fiber fuel rail covers. If anyone is interested in them, send me a PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm working on my fuel rail covers right now. They are almost done too. It is a pain to take them on and off but the pass. side is the hardest one. The driver side was easy to cut. I bought mine with both fuel lines in them so I didn't have to cut that part. I'm almost finished but I still have to decide on a few details for the finishing touch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cutting fuel rail covers