PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

costs of a Dyno tune, but own HPtuners

Old 01-17-2005, 04:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default costs of a Dyno tune, but own HPtuners

As the Title say's, what is the cost usuall for this. I plan on doing a cam swap (F13), LS6 intake, and Long Tube headers soon. I have a Preditor now, but will be selling it to get the HP Tuners software.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have a couple of choices. Since all the dyno's around here seem to be way overpriced, i just tune using a g-tech. I dont think its accurate in terms of actual HP numbers, however, it is accurate against itself... meaning if you go out and pull 324 HP, then you change your tune and you pull 340 HP on the g-tech, its a safe bet that the new tune worked out for you...

A better way to do it is to go rent a dyno for an hour or two, with wideband support.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a G tech is not a tuning tool.

it does not measure air fuel, ect.

I personally don't care about dyno number when doing most of the tuning, i work on AF then add in timing.

Ryan
Old 01-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with what you're going to pay for a dyno tune you could buy the software and be able to make changes whenever you need to. Also, I've read of some dyno tunes doing quite a bit for the WOT but never touching anything for normal cruising which is what you are doing 98% of the time.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you think you will ever want to modify the tune then make sure before hand that the tuner will not lock the code. Once it is locked you will have to take it back to the original tuner for mods or start over.

Search this Thread