Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Some quick advice on DR's please . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some quick advice on DR's please . .

Ok so after quite a while searching I've still got a couple questions. I finished tweaking my new nitrous setup and sure enough I've got some nasty traction problems. I'm going to get a STB and some SFC's welded in when I do the exhaust so thats on the way. My main question is what DR will last the longest on the stock 16x8 wheels. I drive about 1 1/2 hours (highway) total every weekday to work. I also drive about 200 miles every other weekend. I would really like to find a pair of 17" WS6 wheels (the ones that look like the stock 16x8's) for the rear and put a good DR on. I seem to have a hard time finding just a pair though) I don't really go to the track a whole lot but will this spring. So basically what do you guys suggest? Stick with what I've got now and just get some 555R's all around. . . or try to get a pair of 17" WS6 style wheels and put some DR's just on the back. Like the new BFG's they would match my front tires then . . . I have KDWS on their now. Sorry this post got a little long, thanks in advance guys!!
Old 01-18-2005, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

"My main question is what DR will last the longest on the stock 16x8 wheels."
Nitto.

You do alot of driving. This will wear on even Nittos. Nittos is still your best bet for the scenario you are describing. 16" wheels will give you better hook than 17's. This is because the 16" gives you more sidewall. If you said you did your playing at the track I would suggest regular radials and a pair of BFG's or ET Streets on spare rims for the track. After Nittos wear down a little they are not fun in the rain but they are the best rain DR available to my knowledge.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Thanks!!! You learn something new everyday . . . I love this site!
Old 01-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Launching!

I have nittos on my car. They wear good and I have about 6000 miles on them. I have also put about 60-70 track passes on them,if not more. They still hook good. I ran a 1.90 60' time last time at the track.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nittos will outlast any DR out there. You can expect 10-15k out of em.

You should really look into some LCAs if you dont already. Wolfe double adjustables was the biggest improvment in traction for me yet