Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Upgrading Foglights - Will These Work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Upgrading Foglights - Will These Work?

Time has come for me to upgrade my foglights because I put the Eurolamps replacement bulbs in there and apparently they weren't stock wattages like they claimed they were. I asked this before I bought my sealed beam conversion and matching fog light bulbs. The bulbs were even classified as 880s too!

Oh well, they need to be upgraded anyways and put to some use finally. Got some 70w eurolamp bulbs to match my headlights, so now I need the housing. I've read that alot of people have been putting in 4" replacements which is a bit smaller than stock 4.5" and in IMO looks different. I'd like to keep mine as stock-looking as possible, so after hours of searching I found these to be the closest replacement:

http://www.pilotautomotive.com/pilot2dn.htm

Does anyone think they'll work before I order them. BTW, only ONE place online sells this specific one. Very strange.

Thanks for any help!!
Old 01-18-2005, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting.....I'd like to know this also. I did the Blazer Tech mod to my fogs. Much better than the stockers.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:10 PM
12 Second Club

check out a Grand Prix forum. Those guys all upgrade their fog lights.
Hope that helps.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

They all seem to use the popular 4" size that T/A owners have been using. I searched through their forum (their search sucks too) and everyone used the 4" ones. I want something a little bigger, but not 100% sure those above will mount properly. They seem to, but that tap sticking out the left side of it at 45 degrees kinda throws me for a loop.

Maybe I should just stick with the ones everyone else uses be happy my fogs are useful. But on the other hand, bigger the better and more stock looking... Choices.. Maybe mount the new housings in the stockers?
Old 01-18-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

do what i did, take the factory foglight and cut the lens out of it, next take any 4" foglight with a shallow depth, cut out the back of the factory foglight housing enough to clear the back of the new one but leave the mounting tabs, next glue/epoxy the new foglight into the old housing and mount it up using stock brackets.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1998TA__1991RS
do what i did, take the factory foglight and cut the lens out of it, next take any 4" foglight with a shallow depth, cut out the back of the factory foglight housing enough to clear the back of the new one but leave the mounting tabs, next glue/epoxy the new foglight into the old housing and mount it up using stock brackets.

Ummm!! Something to seriously think about! Got any pics, by chance??

Quick Reply: Upgrading Foglights - Will These Work?