Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice...

Hello, I have LTs, and TSP Y Pipe and a GMMG Exhaust soon going to order a TSP lid and a ported tb. I have been looking for which cam to get for awhile and what I need, I called TSP and explained the situation to them. I don't want to lose any low end I want ot gain in all areas really, I don't rev the car up that high very much so I want a cam with good low end and TSP told me a 231.
So I checked out the local motorsports store and he told me that was not at all what i was looking for and suggested a 224 is this what I want? What else will I need to buy besides the cam?
Old 01-18-2005, 11:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris3385
Hello, I have LTs, and TSP Y Pipe and a GMMG Exhaust soon going to order a TSP lid and a ported tb. I have been looking for which cam to get for awhile and what I need, I called TSP and explained the situation to them. I don't want to lose any low end I want ot gain in all areas really, I don't rev the car up that high very much so I want a cam with good low end and TSP told me a 231.
So I checked out the local motorsports store and he told me that was not at all what i was looking for and suggested a 224 is this what I want? What else will I need to buy besides the cam?
I would suggest the TR224 as well. I installed mine not long ago & WOW! It has more torque than the stocker & screams as well. Idle is cool as well. Of course I went with the lt headers & dual exhaust at the same time. Click here http://thunderracing.com/catalog/?ac...&vid=3&pcid=51 for kits you will need. Basically better springs & push rods. I did the titanium retainers as well.