Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which muffler sounds best... single muffler on end of the y pipe, no money for duals

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which muffler sounds best... single muffler on end of the y pipe, no money for duals

im going to stick a muffler on the end of my mac off road y pipe and mac headers, a bullet shaped muffler like a bullet or borla xr1 or something along those lines, i cant afford duals right now, and i simply cant tolerate the catback banging around.. the mac y pipe, somehow extends the i pipe on the catback... ive cut welded ground, and beat the hell outta the pipe going over the rear axle and the stuff around it, just not enuff clearance for the 3.5 inch b&b pipe the way it comes over anymore. so im going to stick a muffler where my cutout is on the end of the y pipe.. i can slide it up in there for good ground clearance no trouble..

so which one? must stay under 100$ or so. must quiet the exhuast some, some is all im asking. this being compared to headers and ory with cutout, needs to be quieter and not be extremely raspy. that is all i ask, when i get my duals ill simply by another muffler of the same kind and get it all done.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd go with a 18" Sweet Thunder chambered.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

my buddy's got a bullet w/ turndown and it sounds pretty good, kinda loud though.....
Old 01-18-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

borla xr1

aka borlamouth
Old 01-19-2005, 12:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
I'd go with a 18" Sweet Thunder chambered.
will this actually quiet things down some over just a open y pipe or open headers? gimme a link.. i had the link a while back but cant find it now.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZMC_Racing
will this actually quiet things down some over just a open y pipe or open headers? gimme a link.. i had the link a while back but cant find it now.
Well of course it will be quieter as oppposed to open y or open headers. Any muffler will quiet it down.

But comparing a ST to other mufflers, they are LOUD. Very loud. Bullet loud, but with more depth and without the farty noises.

I don't have a link to a single ST off of a y pipe, in fact I've never even heard of anyone doing that. But here are some ST true duals:
http://www.ls1sounds.com/true_duals.htm
Old 01-19-2005, 01:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hardtop00SS
my buddy's got a bullet w/ turndown and it sounds pretty good, kinda loud though.....
If you want loud this sounds good. Corsa does not sound bad either. Not to loud or too quite.