Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Problems with Fuel Gauge Fluctuation

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 02:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems with Fuel Gauge Fluctuation

I have searched and have not found anyone with the same symptoms so I figure I'd type this one out:
I just started having this problem...From full to 1/2 tank my Fuel Gauge works properly, but it gets hung up at 1/2 tank. I can drive and drive and drive and it will remain at 1/2 tank. Even if I am down to an actual 1/8 tank it still reads 1/2. I can corner left and right, drive in circles, brake hard, and accelerate and it will not budge. Now comes the interesting part; if the car is in Neutral and I take a hard left corner, the needle will dive to the "F", if I take a hard right corner in neutral it will dive to the "E". In neutral I get a fluctuation even at idle, but in gear it will climb back up to 1/2. If I fill back up it will be fine until I get to 1/2 tank. Is this my sending unit, or ? Also, if it is the sending unit, I have heard that it is a PITA to get the part # for JUST the sending unit (and not the whole assembly).....does anyone have that part #?
Old 01-19-2005, 02:46 AM
12 Second Club

BTW 2000 T/A, no mods to fuel system, just changed the fuel filter about 1000 miles ago.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

TTT, anyone?