Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads-Cam Trap Speed (Opinions Wanted...)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heads-Cam Trap Speed (Opinions Wanted...)

Well, I am getting more seat time in the Z28, resulting in a true test in what the set up can do. Last night was my 4th time racing.

Moroso is not known for hooking, especially with Nittos, but I was able to trap 119.31 mph. I am not sure if I got more in it, that's why I am looking for feedback. My ET sucked because my 60's sucked. But I wanted to know if I am getting the right bang for the set up.

It's an even split 224/581/112 Comp Cam with RGR Stage 2 LS1 Heads from Speed Inc. It's on an M6 with a Spec 3 clutch and 4.10 12 bolt, and I got all the bolt ons except a ported TB. No weight reductions and my 210 pound ***.

Moroso doesn't seem to be a great hooking track, but here are my numbers on a half tank of gas:

ET-12.21
60'-2.02
1/8-8.01
1/8 MPH-91.37
MPH-119.31

I dynoed 413/383 SAE.

EDIT: I just realized I posted in the wrong forum, mods. pls move to "Drag Racing Results..."

Last edited by 1ScrudeDude; 01-20-2005 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your mph is fine. Our DA down here is not the best. Most M6 head and cam guys around here are trapping about the same as you. Put some ET Streets on it and you'll enjoy the launch and the 11 second timeslip. I couldn't hook at Moroso with Nittos at all until the ET Streets went on.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AFTICA
I think your mph is fine. Our DA down here is not the best. Most M6 head and cam guys around here are trapping about the same as you. Put some ET Streets on it and you'll enjoy the launch and the 11 second timeslip. I couldn't hook at Moroso with Nittos at all until the ET Streets went on.
Sounds good, I wish I didn't have the new Nittos now..lol

PBFBods Rule!
Old 01-22-2005, 04:30 PM
11 Second Club

Your MPH is good, Better tire & your there. During the winter Moroso isn't too bad but not as good as Bradinton. Last week I was able to get my best Moroso 60' 1.67 but then 2-passes later the track went away. You have to catch it early before all the street tire's track the water up & what VHT that they use is gone. Hope to see ya there, im on the dial in side red 98z.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slacker
Your MPH is good, Better tire & your there. During the winter Moroso isn't too bad but not as good as Bradinton. Last week I was able to get my best Moroso 60' 1.67 but then 2-passes later the track went away. You have to catch it early before all the street tire's track the water up & what VHT that they use is gone. Hope to see ya there, im on the dial in side red 98z.
Way cool. 'Black 98 Z28 with factory chrome 5 spokes here.

Yeah, I was amazed at how fast the track deteriorated. I got there early, and my best runs were early. On my 4th pass at around 8:45pm, I reset my 2 Step to 2600 rpm at 18 psi on the Nittos. I could not believe I spun that badly. I scrapped that run entirely and ulitmately lifted; not only did it not bite on the clutch dump, I waited for a hook a second time, got back on it again, and spun again.

Unreal. I did see dew forming on my t-top and hatch glass and mentioned it to fellow racers, but no one else was concerned. But I wondered if the track got dewy too, along with all the street tire stripping. Plus, it was like high 40s' I think.

Nittos on an M6 on a dewy late night at Moroso is not a good combo. I just bought the Nittos too