Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Tale of The Double '00~Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 03:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Tale of The Double '00~Hawk

This is the tale of a 2000 Pewter Formula M6 'hawk cut low before its prime...but we're shootin' for comeback player of the year! I'm The NiteProwler and the terribly discouraged owner of said wounded bird. I live in Sin City and how aptly named indeed..read on. July '03 I buy the golden hawk off a 53yr. old meat distributor who's talkin' "power shift? Heavens, no!". 23.5k on the clock. 19 days later I take her to a Fire-stoned shop for a quick rotate before roadtrippin' to Glacier Nat'l,etc(Montana). I say " Do you know bout hoisting the F-bod,etc?" Oh, yeah,yeah.No problem. I come back20 mins. later--THRASHED!! Gas filler cover torqued all askew. Center console misaligned! MUFFLER HANGER ON THE FLOOR IN BACK??! WTF? x 2! Anyhow I'll finish the story later if anybodys interested...Anybody have a constructive idea to remedy the following. Body shop uses T/A specs on Formula 'hawk. Then body work. THEN gets around to installing SFC's and DSL while suspension unloaded. Welded, of coarse! I'm waiting for my as-end to beat me anyday now. Vibrates, pulls right. Screeches, rattles,binds you name it! I think they also did their torch work w/ batt still wired. Charged (tried) me $448 to M&B 4 new tires. Never let me see car on rack, etc. Fraudently billed billed CNA Ins. for work never done. ....and on and on and...
Old 01-22-2005, 06:22 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks! I hope everything works out for you.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Listen carefully...................

SUE! SUE! SUE!

Sue for someone else to fix the damage at Firestoned's expense AND sue for the difference in retail sale value that they've done to your car, PLUS a rental while yours is being fixed and ANY miscellaneous costs on your part ie... time off work to handle business related to their screw up!

Hope all works out for you!
Old 01-22-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

That sounds close to my case I'm in the process of filing on a body shop up in IN. Gave me an estimate to paint mine and my dad's 57 Chevy of 5-6000. Got car done now bill is 24,000.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Veteran

its gets harder and harder to find honest shops nowadays.. wtf..
Old 01-22-2005, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WEASEL
Listen carefully...................

SUE! SUE! SUE!

Sue for someone else to fix the damage at Firestoned's expense AND sue for the difference in retail sale value that they've done to your car, PLUS a rental while yours is being fixed and ANY miscellaneous costs on your part ie... time off work to handle business related to their screw up!

Hope all works out for you!
I'm with WEASEL
Old 01-25-2005, 09:49 AM
Teching In

OK, then. I'll be a boy named sue !!!I feel the need for something a little more personal, but...I'll do my best to restrain myself Bad enough when they ignore your instructions, but then throw arrogance (for what?) in and I'm surprised something hasn't gone Anybody know attorney in Vegas? Thanks for all the answers!