Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hesitation during 2-3 shift

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 07:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hesitation during 2-3 shift

the car has (for now) 2.73 gears, 3800 stall, and i have hptuners.

the problem is that during cruising and/or wot, the car does not push forward during the 2-3 shift like it does for the 1-2 shift. it feels like the car falls on it's face for a split second and your head actually goes forward a little bit unlike on the 1-2 or the 3-4 shift where the car jumps forward a little bit. it does not slip into gear at all.

a while ago i adjusted the torque management so it did not affect the shifts but it is not deleted completly, just for the most part. i have a feeling that is the culpret (feels like t/m issue but not sure).

my desired shift times are .100, i tried adding +2mph to the shift tables but it didn't make a difference.

what else can i try? if more information is needed i can try to explain further, but it basically feels like the car looses a little bit of acceleration during the 2-3 shift.

any torque management settings would be appreciated. i guess i could just get rid of all together but i want to avoid this.

it is getting 3.42's in it sometime but till then i'd like it to shift nice.

thanks in advance..
Old 01-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to either take the trans apart and adjust the 3-4 clutch clearance tighter. Or get a TransGo shift kit and install it, drill the feed holes larger than they tell you to, I've got my third feed hole drilled to .110(which isn't that big), and tuned with HP tuners and it'll slam your head back at the wot 2-3 shift.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
the car has (for now) 2.73 gears, 3800 stall, and i have hptuners.

the problem is that during cruising and/or wot, the car does not push forward during the 2-3 shift like it does for the 1-2 shift. it feels like the car falls on it's face for a split second and your head actually goes forward a little bit unlike on the 1-2 or the 3-4 shift where the car jumps forward a little bit. it does not slip into gear at all.

a while ago i adjusted the torque management so it did not affect the shifts but it is not deleted completly, just for the most part. i have a feeling that is the culpret (feels like t/m issue but not sure).

my desired shift times are .100, i tried adding +2mph to the shift tables but it didn't make a difference.

what else can i try? if more information is needed i can try to explain further, but it basically feels like the car looses a little bit of acceleration during the 2-3 shift.

any torque management settings would be appreciated. i guess i could just get rid of all together but i want to avoid this.

it is getting 3.42's in it sometime but till then i'd like it to shift nice.

thanks in advance..
Do you have "allow TCC lockup during shift" checked true? If so, select false.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

it has a transgo kit with the holes drilled (by me) to spec, i REFUSE to take my trans apart again (too much trans work for me lately, i'll freak out and smash the thing if i have to look at it again). also the tcc lockup during shifts is "false"

thanks for the replies, keep them coming. has anybody else had this problem and tuned it out is my main question- how is it done?
Old 01-23-2005, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jxaxsxoxn
tuned with HP tuners and it'll slam your head back at the wot 2-3 shift.
what did you adjust? by how much?
Old 01-23-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"any torque management settings would be appreciated. i guess i could just get rid of all together but i want to avoid this."

Why not try getting rid of it completely? If it works you rule out other issues and can work at tuning it out somemore.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

I would just get rid of tq management, Atleast try it & make afew run's to see if that's your problem.

Sorry GOJO duplicate
Old 01-23-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

minor trans disassembly:

remove the servo piston from the pass side of the case, and remove the internal spring and add som hardware store washer where the spring was. if you need more details pm me.
ps: this also a good time to add a corvette servo.

kevin
Old 01-24-2005, 06:03 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
what did you adjust? by how much?
I took my transmission back apart after the kit and made more changes. in addition to drilling the holes bigger I also blocked the fourth accumulator feed hole, used a short 700R4 1-2 accumulator.
I don't think adding washers to the 1-2 accumulator is going to help your problem, neither would a servo.
My shift times are at .100 starting at 160 ft lbs.
You can look at my bin file here.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:05 PM
10 Second Club

ok- apon further review of my bin. file i had torque management deleted completly anyway so that is not the issue

in the upshift pressure modifier table of hptuners (for the 2-3 shift) how much can i add safely and where to add it? like i said before, im not taking the trans apart in any way at this point in time, im going to try to tune this out if i can. it isn't soo bad that i can't tolerate it, but it is a little annoying and i know it is loosing me a little time/trap speed.

i just set max line pressure to 95 (instead of the stock 90) not sure if that will help at all. it seems like it COULD (not IS but could be) the long-*** 2.73 gears. like 3rd gear is soo long, it takes the engine a little while to catch up during the shift. sounds stupid when i think about it but none-the less a possibility with the high stall and long gears.

i can't test anything i do for a little while either (philadelphia area just got hit with alot of snow that doesn't seem to be melting for the next week or 2).