Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60 ? Hollander interchange

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60 ? Hollander interchange

Looking for someone with access to an interchange manual to see if there are any other transmissions that work in a 1993 Z28 (4L60 non-electric 5 pin plug) I'm curious to see if there is something out there with just a different tail housing that is otherwise identical. I'd like to know before I hit the wrecking yards.

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:41 PM
10 Second Club

Basicly all the RWD/2WD V8/4.3LV6 700R4/4L60 will work,(like B-body cars) provided you use your F-body tail housing(for your torque arm mount) But....you have to consider what that trans came out of and it's original usage. Here are some of the problems, shift points,milage,conv.stall,durability,(like not meant to be behind a healthy V8). One of the questions they will ask at the yard is with or with out auxilary valve body. I would choose w/o but the one with is in more vehicles. They added the aux. valve body so the trans would have a softer engage whn puting it into drive (its a small alum.housing with an accumulator in it). Hope this helps your search.
BTW, why can't you rebuild your trans?
Old 01-26-2005, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

As stated any 85+ 90 degree 700r4 will work. however you will have to switch harnesses and install missing switches in the doner valvebody, since only 93s have 5 pin connectors and switches that indicate gear status to the pcm. All others have 4 pin square for lockup and temp switch. However, I would recommend rebuilding your existing trans. finding a GOOD 700 is a difficult task at best, since its been wel over 10 years since they were made.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info, my trans is OK for daily driving but it doesn't like the higher HP since I built my motor. I'm going to look for something out of a 93 so I can retain the correct 5 pin connector. [I wasn't sure if the connector was unique to the F-body] I want to overhaul the core and just make the swap rather than pull mine and have the car sitting while I finish it. I don't want to be rushed to get the car back together. One more question, if I can find a 93 trans from a V-8 are any of the valve body internals different from the F-body?
Thanks again.

Quick Reply: 4L60 ? Hollander interchange