New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please answer this quick question. (difference between ls1 and ls6?)

Old 01-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please answer this quick question.

Hey can somebody answer this quick question. what is the differace between an LS1 and an LS6 engine. I thank it is the head and cam but I could be wrong?
Old 01-27-2005, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

block?
Old 01-27-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Resident

Redesigned engine block includes quarter size slots cast into the webs underneath the travel area of the piston which reduces the amount of air the pistons pump resulting in higher rpm output.

• Redesigned positive crankcase ventilation system improves oil flow during high speed conditions.

• Redesigned air cleaner leading to reduced restriction and greater air intake.

• Redesigned camshaft profile which allows increased valve lift, therefore more air pulled into the combustion chamber which helps to increase power.

• New intake manifold and mass air flow sensor design allows more air intake.

• Higher rate valve springs and a new cylinder head design enhance the engine's breathing characteristics for increased rpm and performance.

• New cast iron exhaust manifolds are used in place of the stamped steel manifolds which improves the flow of exhaust gases. These manifolds connect to a new lightweight, titanium exhaust system which is the first ever to be used in a mass-produced automobile. This new exhaust system incorporates titanium exhaust pipes and mufflers that contain larger louver tubes which help to reduce back pressure and increase performance.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Hay thanks HOT02SS I was just here with a friend of mine and I was not very sure I have an LS6 intake in my LS1 due to the fact that my f-body is an 01'.

Search this Thread