Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Let's take a little trip.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's take a little trip.

I was reading about this predator ***. And i have an Idea.
I say, sometime soon (or in the summer), we get a huge caravan to roll down to TX, take over a street. and just have a ****-ton of fun.
who's in. I'm willing to drive down from KS to hang out with some cool f-bod owners
Old 01-27-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

let us know when you are heading down! more then welcome to show you around the town, and make sure you are at the top of your game with the car...

we might be having a Texas FASTEST LS1 shootout here sometime to find the fastest f-bodies in the state... or even the NATION...

i will keep you guys posted
Old 01-27-2005, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

Well, I'm going to buy a cam sometime soon. We need to put together an entire weekend. Racing, dyno. the whole shabang. I am so about that ****. I thought about comming down to texas on spring break. (or around there. getting that week off might be rough.)
I'll let you know
Old 01-27-2005, 02:39 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha that sounds like a blast. If you guys did it during the summer, and I could manage to take a week off (i just started my own business about 6 months ago, so it may be tough, but probably possible) ... I would love to get the car trailered down to TX and fly down there to meet up with all you guys. A nice week of racing, dyno day, and maybe a big party of some sort would be hot, and I'd definately be game. You'd just have to let me know a week, and I'll have to see if I could get the time.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

I think when this thread gets more attention. and more people vote to show up for the Shootout. We get together to book a hotel. Set a date(s) at the local dyno.
And possibly the local strip (i dont have any slips yet=(). make an entire weekend out of it (friday-sunday possibly. mabey more if people wanna stay).
I have seen some videos to come outta Galveston, huston, and dallas. You boys in texas know how to drive.
Lot more racing than where i'm from (TN =)). I can't wait
Old 01-27-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

well i can set up a dyno day at HPE... i do work there it can be done.

i just need to know when it is best for all of you guys to come down. i can get the local guys togehter and we can have some fun. supras, vipers, mustangs, cobras, ls1/6's
Old 01-27-2005, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

That's 3 (possible 4) including myself. hopefully we can get more people to help make this a blast =)
Old 01-27-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going to Houston over the summer to check out SAM, so when i come down somebody is gonna have to show me around.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

git_sum, you are going to love SAM when you come down... where it at location wise sucks, but what you learn is incredible!!
Old 01-27-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigBronco
git_sum, you are going to love SAM when you come down... where it at location wise sucks, but what you learn is incredible!!
Is it on the outskirts of houston cause that would be awsome, the farther away from downtown i can stay the better.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

i was plannin on going down this summer to check out SAM as well.......gray dont you live around that side of town sorta?

i would be down to head down and meet some of you guys if it happened, if this shootout thing goes down that would be cool too. the **** talking is starting a little in the TX forum.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

yep, if you guys go in the texas section, you will see what i am talking about. and we have some heavy hitters in there...

but yes, i do live somewhat near SAM. I am maybe 15 minutes away. it is on the way to downtown, but you can live in the suburbs and commute there. really the school is in the ghetto, but it is being remodeled so it is going to be VERY nice when it is done soon. let me know when you guys come down to take a look.

Gray
Old 01-27-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigBronco
yep, if you guys go in the texas section, you will see what i am talking about. and we have some heavy hitters in there...

but yes, i do live somewhat near SAM. I am maybe 15 minutes away. it is on the way to downtown, but you can live in the suburbs and commute there. really the school is in the ghetto, but it is being remodeled so it is going to be VERY nice when it is done soon. let me know when you guys come down to take a look.

Gray
Sure thing, i'll probably make my way down there towards the end of may, i'll send you a pm and try to look you up when i get down there.