LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Racetech Speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Racetech Speed

Now that I finally have my seats I am going to let you know how I feel about doing business with this company. I ordered a set of Oval Craft seats from Terry in mid-November. My credit card was charged on the 16th of November. He had advertised under the Sponsor Sales section about the seats and said the lead time would be 2 weeks for them to be made, etc. No problem. I figured it doesn't matter that he charged me in advance if he had to pay someone else to make them. Almost a month passes, no seats, no brackets. I call his shop's land line. Number disconnected. I send him an email. I received a nondeliverable response. I finally get him on his cell phone and he says he will find out what is going on and call me back. He never calls back.

The next week, mid December, I give him a call and he doesn't answer. I proceed to call him like 5 times before he finally answers. I ask him for a tracking number for my purchase. He says it is at his shop and he will call back when he gets there. He never calls back. I wait a couple days and the brackets come in. Still no seats.

Between mid-late December I probably tried to call him 15 times. Finally get in touch with him around the first of January. He says that Ovalcraft has a backlog and that they will get to them whenever. He says he will talk to them and call me back. He never calls back, big suprise.

Later that week I decide, screw Terry, I will call OvalCraft myself and find out what the hell is going on. I call and talk to a guy there (who was very nice by the way) and try to resolve my issue. He tells me that Terry didn't put the order in till mid-December and that they would get to them ASAP. I tried to call Terry after this but he doesn't answer when I call.

I called OvalCraft weekly to get an update. They had a lot of work and basically let me know what was going on. Finally, Wednesday, I get mad and call them. I chewed them out. Blah, blah, blah... Anyway I come to find out that Terry hasn't even paid them yet. So basically he sat on $500 and somewhat of my money for two months. WTF?

The seats are BEAUTIFUL, however, and I am glad that I bought them. I will never do business with Racetech again. Lesson learned...
Old 01-28-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lilone
Now that I finally have my seats I am going to let you know how I feel about doing business with this company. I ordered a set of Oval Craft seats from Terry in mid-November. My credit card was charged on the 16th of November. He had advertised under the Sponsor Sales section about the seats and said the lead time would be 2 weeks for them to be made, etc. No problem. I figured it doesn't matter that he charged me in advance if he had to pay someone else to make them. Almost a month passes, no seats, no brackets. I call his shop's land line. Number disconnected. I send him an email. I received a nondeliverable response. I finally get him on his cell phone and he says he will find out what is going on and call me back. He never calls back.

The next week, mid December, I give him a call and he doesn't answer. I proceed to call him like 5 times before he finally answers. I ask him for a tracking number for my purchase. He says it is at his shop and he will call back when he gets there. He never calls back. I wait a couple days and the brackets come in. Still no seats.

Between mid-late December I probably tried to call him 15 times. Finally get in touch with him around the first of January. He says that Ovalcraft has a backlog and that they will get to them whenever. He says he will talk to them and call me back. He never calls back, big suprise.

Later that week I decide, screw Terry, I will call OvalCraft myself and find out what the hell is going on. I call and talk to a guy there (who was very nice by the way) and try to resolve my issue. He tells me that Terry didn't put the order in till mid-December and that they would get to them ASAP. I tried to call Terry after this but he doesn't answer when I call.

I called OvalCraft weekly to get an update. They had a lot of work and basically let me know what was going on. Finally, Wednesday, I get mad and call them. I chewed them out. Blah, blah, blah... Anyway I come to find out that Terry hasn't even paid them yet. So basically he sat on $500 and somewhat of my money for two months. WTF?

The seats are BEAUTIFUL, however, and I am glad that I bought them. I will never do business with Racetech again. Lesson learned...
I placed the order with Oval craft when you ordered them from me.I placed a credit card order with them at this time.I was not aware that you did not have the seats.Oval craft told me the ship date was in 2-3 weeks from mid-november.You could leave a message or send a PM if you didn't have them.I did not talk with Oval Craft in december,I called them in november.I never told you that oval craft had a back log on the seats.I told you that the seat brackets were on back order ( because of the holidays).I told you that the seats were to ship from the manufacturer,because this is a new item for them.I am glad you are happy with the seats,but I was unaware that you didn't have them.Sorry for the delay.

Last edited by Terry@RacetechSpeed; 01-28-2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

I have them now so I am not crying over spilled milk. I just thought I would post up my experience doing business with your shop. No hard feelings on my end. If you remember I am in the military and was deployed shortly after I placed the order until late December. That is why I kept to strictly phone contact. Oh well I have them now and am happy.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:53 AM
TECH Resident

yeah, I called Terry at Racetetech earlier this week about some morel lifters I needed by this weekend if possible. He was supposed to call Morel and call me back to let me know if that was possible. He didnt return my phone call, so he lost that money.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02Reaper
yeah, I called Terry at Racetetech earlier this week about some morel lifters I needed by this weekend if possible. He was supposed to call Morel and call me back to let me know if that was possible. He didnt return my phone call, so he lost that money.

I called you back 2 times that afternoon.Both times I let it ring about 15 times.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Terry@RacetechSpeed
I called you back 2 times that afternoon.Both times I let it ring about 15 times.
I dont know then man? You must have dialed the wrong number, because Me and my wife were at home and even if in the rare case that we did not hear any of the 4 phones in a 4 room house ring, the answering machine automatically picks up after 4 rings. Nothing left on the machine either. My wifes sister sure didnt have a hard time getting the phone to ring. We dont have call waiting, so I am surprised you didnt get a busy signal.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

That could be the case,sorry I missed you.

Quick Reply: Racetech Speed