Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rattle rattle rattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rattle rattle rattle

It never did it as much before I added the exhaust, I can live with it but is there a way you can get rid of the rattle that is happening where your shifter is? (Console) the plastic part that moves with the shifter? Can you just pop it out?

Thanks!!
Old 01-31-2005, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

I've had this same problem ever since I installed borla on my Z28, it's annoying as hell. Anyone know how to fix this?
Old 01-31-2005, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttt - mine too!
Old 01-31-2005, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

What I did is put a lot of grease between the plastic thingy's. That worked quite well but I am thinking about fabing up a one piece unit for it out of steel. I'll let you guys know how it works out.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VixenTA
It never did it as much before I added the exhaust, I can live with it but is there a way you can get rid of the rattle that is happening where your shifter is? (Console) the plastic part that moves with the shifter? Can you just pop it out?

Thanks!!
if you do somehow miraculously fix the rattle from your shifter, good luck with the rest of them that you will notice. these cars are great, but they are rattle traps. it becomes most noticeable when the modding begins. and it will NEVER go away. SOMETHING is always going to rattle.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
if you do somehow miraculously fix the rattle from your shifter, good luck with the rest of them that you will notice. these cars are great, but they are rattle traps. it becomes most noticeable when the modding begins. and it will NEVER go away. SOMETHING is always going to rattle.
And the easiest way to find every single rattle is to install LTs and true duals as i just found out. Car sounds like it's full of loose change.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:19 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Mine used to rattle in the WS6 when I had an ORY setup. But that went away once I put some cats on to take the edge of the exhaust note some.....
Old 01-31-2005, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, my exhaust makes the change rattle when I'm getting on it, but other than that I don't really have too many rattles.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes, as soonn as I had headers installed, i got to know my rattles
Old 01-31-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL ... kids spilt Coke in mine and it never rattled again ...
Old 01-31-2005, 08:21 PM
Launching!

I just bought my ws6 ( has shorties and SLP LM ) My shifter vibrates and rattles like a mother ******. What is causing this again ? and its normal or ?
Old 01-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by VixenTA
Can you describe this rattle a little better? I have an intermittent rattle in the shifter area of the A4 console that drives me nuts. It sounds like something loose tapping on the hard plastic of the console. I took the console top off and looked but couldn't find anything. I stuffed some insulation in there, but it gets started from time to time and makes me crazy. Sound like yours?
Old 01-31-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Can you describe this rattle a little better? I have an intermittent rattle in the shifter area of the A4 console that drives me nuts. It sounds like something loose tapping on the hard plastic of the console. I took the console top off and looked but couldn't find anything. I stuffed some insulation in there, but it gets started from time to time and makes me crazy. Sound like yours?
i just installed my LTs about a week ago, and am now getting to know my rattles very well. one of the rattles ive noticed sounds like its coming from something inside or underneath the console. another seems like its coming from the front of the dash.

something else, i havent removed my AIR pump yet, and just have the hose tucked away. its making a very obnoxious whistling noise while its on for the first few minutes afetr startup. and the whistle grows louder with revs. i cant wait for a ricer to ask me if i have a turbo!

Quick Reply: rattle rattle rattle