Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pan Removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pan Removal

I recently dropped two lifters on a cam install and i was wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows what to do. they fell into the pan, i heard them, on the windage tray. is it possible to remove the oil pan with out raising the engine? can i unbolt it and drop it a little and fish the lifters out? i was told that the crossmember gets in the way and u had to lift/ pull the engine. give me your responses.........................
Old 01-31-2005, 09:11 PM
King of Pigskin Knowledge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been several months since I've been in there, but I had to take my oil pan off completely for a rod bolt swap. From what I remember, it was pretty tight in there with the windage tray, pan, and k-member under the pan. Try to drop the pan as far as you can w/ the k-member still bolted up and see how it goes. You might have to drop the k-member though. Here's what I posted when I changed the rod bolts in my car and had to take off the oil pan, hope it helps...

"I already had the car on jack stands. Used an engine hoist to suspend the motor and put a 2x4 under the k-member with a jack holding it there. Unbolted a bolt form the steering column so it could slide off, the 2 motor mount bolts (alternator and a/c pump need unbolted and moved out of the way for the motor mount bolts to come out, thanks Justin), 4 shock bolts, 4 sway bar bolts, plus the extra bonus bolts on the driver side of the sway bar that hold a bracket there, and the 6 k-member bolts. Dropped the k-member down slowly. Just a few inches to allow enough room to get the oil pan off. Watch your lines and hoses and make sure you don't drop the k-member down too far. Then unbolted the 10mm bolts from the oil pan and the 2 bolts on the back that attach to the tranny, and the plastic pieces where the tranny and oilpan meet. Got the oil pan out of the way, unbolted the oil tube and windage tray...."

Quick Reply: Oil Pan Removal