LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thunder Racing Slow

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs down Thunder Racing Slow

I ordered a PHB from Thunder Racing on Jan 19. I e-mailed them 1/29 to check on the status. I just got an e-mail stating the item was out of stock and they have to order it from BMR and have it sent direct. Why didn't they do that to start with. I just wished they could told me it was out of stock. Now I wished I knew how long it is going to be from BMR. I could of got it somewhere else if I knew it was going to be so long. They charged my credit card the next day. I am not happy with TR.

Bill
Old 02-03-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Angry

TR could not give me a time the PHB would be shipped from BMR so I asked for my money back. I am still waiting on a talk back to see if it has already shipped from BMR. There service stinks...

Bill
Old 02-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Bowling
I ordered a PHB from Thunder Racing on Jan 19. I e-mailed them 1/29 to check on the status. I just got an e-mail stating the item was out of stock and they have to order it from BMR and have it sent direct. Why didn't they do that to start with. I just wished they could told me it was out of stock. Now I wished I knew how long it is going to be from BMR. I could of got it somewhere else if I knew it was going to be so long. They charged my credit card the next day. I am not happy with TR.

Bill

Bill, We were out of stock on the Chromemoly panhard rods when you ordered it, so rather than waiting on our next stock order to come in, we had BMR ship the part directly to you. They were out of stock on the item as well, which is what the delay in receiving the product has been. The order was placed with BMR on the same day that you ordered from us. You should have received an e-mail also that same day staing that the part was shipping from the manufacturer. Our computer system is set up so that it generates the order to the manufacturer and the e-mail notice automatically. Sometimes e-mails are not the 100% most reliable means of communication, so I apologize if the e-mail glitch was on our end, but most of the time missed emails are a result of bounces from the customer's mail server.

I spoke w/ Chris and he said he left a message w/ BMR yesterday to check to see if your shipment has already shipped out . As soon as I know something I will let you know.

Thanks,
Angie
Old 02-03-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I gotta say in Thunders defense (Not that they need it) that we as customers need to be a little more understanding from a standpoint of products that are out of their control.

Now if TR told you they had them they are wrong but I doubt that happened.

I had a similar gripe with TR over some springs in a cam package I ordered but when I calmed down a little and looked at the situation I saw it wasnt TR fault the stuff hadnt come yet it was Comp Cams (Admitted to by the VP at Comp).

We also have to realize the sheer volume of calls and orders these folks get, every now and then a followup phone call or email is forgotten or they assume it isnt needed.

It looks like Angie is taking care of you good luck.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ordered more than a few items from Thunder and found their service to be one of the fastest. You probably just had an odd occurance there. I'm a patient person , though. I've ordered parts from another vendor and waited 1.5 months before I received them without complaining. I've NEVER waited longer than 1.5 weeks to get an order from Thunder.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

I did not receive any e-mail or call saying they were out of stock. Since they charged my credit card the next day I assumed they had it and it shipped. There web site says they do not charge your Card until it ships. I needed one bad and that made the situation worse. If they had told me two weeks ago they were out I would of cancelled the order then. Angie, please cancel the order. I called and left you a message earlier today.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Bowling; 02-03-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I needed one bad and that made the situation worse. Bill

If this is the case and you are in a bind for something then I would not recommend relying on ordering online and with e-mails, whether you are ordering from us or from anyone. Pick up the phone call our TOLL FREE number and talk to someone about your situation. We can tell you if something is in stock, exactly when it will ship, and exactly when you will receive it. This can save a lot of headaches down the road.

Personally when I order stuff online I'm not is a rush for it. If I know I need something by a certain day then I will always call to be 100% sure.

Paul
Old 02-03-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Paul @ Thunder
If this is the case and you are in a bind for something then I would not recommend relying on ordering online and with e-mails, whether you are ordering from us or from anyone. Pick up the phone call our TOLL FREE number and talk to someone about your situation. We can tell you if something is in stock, exactly when it will ship, and exactly when you will receive it. This can save a lot of headaches down the road.

Personally when I order stuff online I'm not is a rush for it. If I know I need something by a certain day then I will always call to be 100% sure.

Paul
Sounds good Paul. Why did you charge my credit card if you did not have it in stock? No problem Angie said she is going to cancel the order.

I order 99.9% of my orders on-line and usually just wait until it gets here. My last order took six weeks but I was told it would take three but I did not say a word.
Bill
Old 02-04-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why did you charge my credit card if you did not have it in stock? Bill

Because we were trying to save you some time and have it drop shipped directly from BMR instead of waiting for our regular stock shippment and then having to ship it out to you. We have to charge the card up front on all drop ship orders. Sorry again for the delay.

Paul
Old 02-05-2005, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just organized a group purchase with TR for their LS1 coil relocation kit. They always answered all my questions very quickly. TR is top notch for their service and products.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs down

I cancelled my order. Placed an order with EAD, received the order-installed and still waiting on refund from Thunder.

Old 02-13-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Just received refund...

Bill
Old 02-14-2005, 11:12 PM
12 Second Club

BMR can be a little slow sometimes.

I've always had good luck with thunder, actually I just got my TA cover from them, damn this thing looks good. I can't wait to get it on my car.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

I have always had good service from TR. I ordered a Borla CatBack from them and paid regular ground shipping. I recieved it 2 days great service.