Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

need wheel help

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need wheel help

quick story, i had 4 y2k chrome wheels, hit a curb and bent one. i got another from the same company and they changed the offset slightly. the new rim actually sticks out perfect for how i want it to look. it is ( 18x9.5, 54mm offset, 70.7mm center bore) now i dont know what offset means or center bore.im guessing the offset is how wide the center of the rim to the rotor? anyway im not sure what the others are but i want to have my other rim stick out as far as the new one, but im not sure the dimensions except it is a 18x9.5. i know im gonna need a wheel spacer but do you think if i measure it with a tape measure it would be close enough and would i need to get new lugs. i think it is a 3/4 inch or 1 inch difference. is there any kind of risk goin with wheel spacers? sorry so long and for the dumb questions.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody
Old 02-04-2005, 08:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The time and effort it would take to find a spacer, or have one custom made, replace all your lug studs, etc, it would probably be cheaper (or about the same price) and better, to buy a new wheel. Then use your old wheel as a nice table top in the garage . . .

The post at the top of the page should answer all your questions . .