LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

What happened to SJM?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What happened to SJM?

Like the title says... I was going to buy a linelock from them. Noticed that they're no longer on the sponsor list. Anybody know what's up?
Old 02-03-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Veteran

According to a previous thread I read, they just chose not to renew... no big deal, no scandal or anything.

FWIW, I ordered a line lock from them a few weeks ago, got it within a week and installed it. Works great!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is not the first time that I have had this question asked. I am quite concerned that folks do not think we are not going to support the F-body community. This is far from the truth. We are here for you to answer any questions regarding wheels we design or any of our product lines no matter where they are purchased. Unfortunately I cannot publicly comment any concerns folks may have.

Due to the board rules, from my understanding we cannot comment or give guidance regarding our products we design and manufacture if we do not pay to advertise. We have to abide by their request. I have to bite my tongue when I see questions or comments regarding what works, what doesn’t, what are good options etc. Due to LS1Tech’s advertising costs, we feel are cost prohibitive at this time, we will be reviewing our internet advertising costs by the next quarter.

This is a quote we left at the 04 years end

"At this time additional advertising costs do not warrant our 2005 agenda. This is in effort to maintain current product costs and pricing to customers. The board of directors will be revisiting advertising costs towards this site and other avenues at the end of the first quarter 2005.

As president of SJM Manufacturing Inc. we feel word of mouth and the personal touch of my company speaks for itself. I do not want to see ANY product line increase to the high cost of advertising. I hope our current and future clients appreciate our efforts to maintain our reasonable prices for the quality of our merchandise.

Any additional comments or questions should direct towards me personally at 412 508 0634, or sjmmanufacturing@verizon.net.

...I want to thank the support of the LS1 community this past year... may the 2005 year be exciting for all of us F-body and other vehicle enthusiasts.

Happy New Year!!!

Steve
President
Old 02-04-2005, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

That's cool. Business is business. You have to keep overhead as low as possible to not lose your shirt. Just wanted to make sure that you were still open for business.

I'll be ordering that line lock as funds come in. Prolly later this month.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:53 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Just so everyone knows, our rates here are very inexpensive compared to other forms of media.

Steve's small company and limited product lines qualify him for only $125/month here. Thats a smoking deal considering we see nearly 30,000 unique visitors per day. Most magazines charge $1000-5000 per month, with less coverage.

So, please don't get the idea that we are expensive here, otherwise there wouldn't be so many banners on the side. Steve has been treated VERY well in the last two years.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I for one think it's Kickass of Steve to keep the overhead low.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your responses. Tony, we were told by John on Dec 31 your costs were much higher. We also received an invoice stating the pricing. Due to respect of your privacy, I will not disclose it publically. I do appreciate the clarification and will forward the correct price along to the board of directors. I'm very glad you popped in to clarify your rate. Your site has been very kind to us. We support LS1tech and appretiate the return enthusiasm.

Mustangeater, thanks for your comment, costs are a part of business. We try to do the best we can so that its a win/win situation for everyone.

As mentioned, our intention is to advertise on LS1Tech you will be hearing from me in the near future.

Steve
Old 02-07-2005, 05:22 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

We did in fact quote you at the non-discounted rate which is higher than what Tony posted above.

Let us know Steve, take care!

John