LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

FROCEDFED_ HIGH_PERFORMANCE kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FROCEDFED_ HIGH_PERFORMANCE kentucky

FYI. i bought a set of 843 casting cnc stage 2 polished heads from these guy's on ebay. they seemed like good folks. paid $1100. they made 10 RWHP!!! the ebay posting showed flow numbers & said flow sheet would come with heads. never got it. the heads are off the car now & are being flowed they also appear to have been milled when i asked that they not be. i did not check them before install. valves have been hitting the pistons! these guy's won't respond to emails. so i guess it's time to let the masses know what's up! i'll post up flow numbers later. heads were installed & car was dynoed at Fastech in Dallas. made 385RWHP before heads & 395 after. ls1 a4 tranny. the guy at the shop who is flowing the heads took out 1 exh & 1 intake valve said the polish job was weak & the cnc work appeared to come from an older cnc machine
Old 02-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Suspended Sponsor Account

we have responded to all of your emails as soon as we get them. here is a copy of your last email and my response

From: "Scott Waldron" <scott@forcefedhighperformance.com>
Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 05:02:57 -0500
To: fmanzare@statewideremodeling.com

frank, give us a call, we will be glad to take the heads in
to check them out.
ph# is 502-243-4846

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:03:39 -0800
fmanzare@statewideremodeling.com wrote:

>This email was sent by an eBay member via eBay's email
>forwarding system. If you reply to the email, your
>response will go directly to the member and not through
>eBay.
>
>Marketplace Safety Tips:
>http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter
>
>If this email is an offer to sell an item without winning
>it on the eBay Web site (including "second chance offers"
>sent through this email system) please do not respond to
>the sender. These "off-eBay" transactions are unsafe and
>not covered by eBay purchase protection programs.
>
>Never pay for your eBay item using instant cash transfer
>services such as Western Union or MoneyGram.
>
http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidenc...r-payment.html
>
>These payment methods are unsafe when paying someone you
>do not know. If this email is inappropriate or violates
>ebay policy, please help protect other eBay community
>members by reporting it to us immediately.
>
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ebay-sale.html
>
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Dear forcefed_high_performance,
>
>hey guy's. i have spun a main bearing in my motor so i am
>taking it apart. do you have any suggestions as to what i
>need to do to get more than 10 HP from your heads? i went
>back & looked at the ebay posting when i bought the heads,
>you posted i would recieve a flow sheet, i never recieved
>it.if i ship the heads back to you will you look at them &
>maybe let me know what can be done?
>
>

you emailed on the 1st of Feb. I responded on the 2cd. did you ever try to call us! no.
why don't you post your cam specs and give the full details. I told you that that cam with aftermarket heads probably would not work due to the .625 lift on the exhaust and I forget the lift on the intake. Still if you need to reach us you need to call since your spam filters seem to keep our emails from coming through. I have copies of other email from you I have responded to also.

to me is sounds like some other issue with the car. that car should have made more horsepower than that with just the cam only. 385 is not impressive with just the cam. i even email you a return label so we could get the heads back to us and make sure nothing was wrong with them. and yes every set of heads that goes out of here is resurfaced. your heads were only resurfaced .002. if the valves are hitting .002 on the heads would not save you. measure the thickness of the head and tell me how thick it is and i will tell you if they have or have not be milled. there is a difference between milled and resurfaced. it sounds like the valves may be bent and are haveing a compression loss.

Last edited by ForceFed HP; 02-05-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

well you know how to reach me now. if you felt the heads would not work with the cam that was in my car why did you sell them to me? in our phone conversation you could of offered an alternative? you are supposed to be the head expert not me. why did i not get a flow sheet with the heads as promised? i also called you guy's several times while the heads where being built & got calls back. i guess you lost my number. 214-475-3334. for future response use this forum or email fjmanzari@aol.com . i am not asking for anything other than what i paid for CNC stage 2 heads polished with flow sheet. i know you get what you pay for & i didn't expect 30-40hp out of your heads.if you want to confirm any of this contact Sean Freeze owner at fastech also sponser on this site. he installed your heads as well as the cam & did the dyno. i am sure he will give you any info you need. cam specs are 236-242/595-625. i have talked to 2 motor shops & both indicated that non-milled heads of the kind you sent me with same size valves as yours should work on stock bottom end. it sounds like you are not sure if the heads are milled or not. i know the difference in resurfaced & milled. i am not trying to impress anyone car ran 6.90 eight with stoch heads & this cam. it's a convertable weighs 4000 lbs with automatic. i have been pretty happy with the way it ran never made it to the track after installing your heads. i will be out of town until 2-14. at which time i will post what your heads flowed & furnish you with a flow sheet if necessary. the guys at the local porting shop will also mic. the heads to see if they have been milled.

Last edited by F-MAN-SS; 02-05-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Brad, i would still like to have that flow sheet you promised on ebay. i have now asked for it 4 times.

Frank
Old 02-07-2005, 07:12 AM
Suspended Sponsor Account

you have a PM from Demon SS addressing your issues, read that please!
Old 02-07-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F-MAN-SS
these guy's won't respond to emails. so i guess it's time to let the masses know what's up!
The telephone is an amazing invention.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you felt the heads would not work with the cam that was in my car why did you sell them to me?

so you buy something in an auction and you also want advice on the rest of your combo shouldve consisted of? A little reasearch would go a long way...with larger valves then stock you'd probably be smacking the tops of the pistons unless they are notched...id like to see pics of the valves after they take the heads off your car for that spun bearing lol.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:STUPID: seems to me like he already told you it wouldn't work...but since you aren't the head expert you got them anyhow because some local shops said it was ok...so that is your fault...don't use the telephone...that is your fault...a car with that cam putting out 385hp something is definatly wrong...224 duration cams put out more power than that...i can't see one thing that ffhp did that was wrong...his offer to help you is more than sufficient...and don't imediatly blame a company's product when someone else installed it
Old 02-07-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have talked to 2 motor shops & both indicated that non-milled heads of the kind you sent me with same size valves as yours should work on stock bottom end.
whoever did the install should have checked the p/v clearence,especially with a cam that big.(and degree the cam in,for that matter)saying that something should work is not good enough,that stuff needs to be checked.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 66deuce
whoever did the install should have checked the p/v clearence,especially with a cam that big.(and degree the cam in,for that matter)saying that something should work is not good enough,that stuff needs to be checked.

If I was told that the heads/spring may cause issues with the cam of my choice, I would either use what cam they suggest or get a head(piston) set up to handle my cam.
With knowing thats going in, the extra 2 hours to clay up the heads and check piston to valve would have been priority one.
Please reply with flow numbers, chamber cc volume and actual piston clearence. Questions will be answered at that point I'm sure.
I don't see how FFHP could have saved you from yourself without refusing to sell the heads to you.
Are they your parents?
Old 02-07-2005, 07:41 PM
12 Second Club

I've talked to the FFHP guys on the phone for like 20 minutes before and they answered all of my header questions. Didn't try to sell me anything they just made sure I knew everything I needed to know. Haven't bought them from them yet but when I get around to it that's where I'm going to get them. I think they've got great customer service and know what they're talking about.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ru2n00n3er
I've talked to the FFHP guys on the phone for like 20 minutes before and they answered all of my header questions. Didn't try to sell me anything they just made sure I knew everything I needed to know. Haven't bought them from them yet but when I get around to it that's where I'm going to get them. I think they've got great customer service and know what they're talking about.
Ditto.i bought a set of 5.3 heads and have had exellent customer service.Brad spent almost an hour on the phone with me answering questions and making sure i was getting what i wanted.if i called either he answered the phone or i left a message and he promptly returned my call.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Veteran

I bought a take out Zex Tors. diff from brad at FFP for a customer and he didn't know me Jacob, but he gave it to me for a great price/it arrived as described and he was great to deal with. I know this has no bearing on your situation BUT from my experience AND from other feedback I have seen they are a upstanding company.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

appreciate the fed back. like i said when i spoke with the guy's at ffhp they sounded like good folks to me as well. i haven't said they there not. you are correct they are not my parents. but they are in the speed parts business. i just spoke with the local shop owner it appears the heads were milled .0015. the item i bought was not supposed to be milled. resusface would not be a problem. so my concern is milled heads when they were not supposed to be & no flow sheet when heads where shipped. the motor ran great before ffhp head install. everybody who responded who seems to think there is other problems because of dybo #'s should know the real proof is not on the dyno but on the track. there are not too many cars with the same mods as mine runnibg 6.90 eights on stock heads that weigh 4000+ lbs. i have gottem a pm from Scott at ffhp & he has stated if there is a problem with the heads he will take care of it. i will be contacting him next week when i get back to town & i'm sure we can work it out. as for all you folks with your opinions. i'd venture to say if you spent $1,100 on something you would expect to get what you pay for. as for the guy who thinks heads have something to do with rod bearings i hope you don't build motors!