Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with PCM.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help with PCM.

alright. i have no modifications to my car as of now. but soon i plan on getting slp loudmouth exhaust, with either a lingenfelter CAI or k&n, and a 160* thermostat.

I am planning on getting the thermostat and the exhaust within the next week or 2. My question is from madz28.com. there is the saver package he offers, for 75 bucks. since my car is not heavily modified, here are the list of 4 things he can do: Remove Skip Shift, Adjust Rev Limiter, Lower Fan Kick On Temperature, Adjust Speed Limiter, Disable Any Code(s), Disable VATS, Adjust for different tire/gear size, knock retard desensitizing, disable rear o2 sensors.

he said you can pick any 4 out of those i guess and he will do them. now my question is, is that package worth it??? all i'll need is lower engine temps *fan*, firmer shift points, disable the speed limiter.

i have been told not to get it tuned until i get the cai, exhaust and the thermostat. any suggestions on different/better packages with the OBDII?? I have a 1997 firebird formula, a4.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems awefully pricey for just 4 PCM changes... but then again alot of places charge 100-150 for a basic tune (which is everything but PE/VE/Timing basically)

edit: Just noticed you have an LT1 so HPT isn't an option...

Not sure what pricing is for the LT1 stuff so not sure how gooda deal that is

I still think that's expensive for 4 simple items ... most packages I've ever seen will do ALL of that , but pricing varies

Last edited by horist; 02-05-2005 at 01:27 PM.