Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Start Timing question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Cold Start Timing question

I've been doing some idle adjusting to a tune I got from wait4me since i installed a cam, headers and LS6 intake and 28.8 injectors and have noticed when I first start my car when it's cold, it idles rougher and hunts around for a little over a minute and then smooths out. During this time HP Tuners shows timing to be between 12-15* and then increases to 22-24* when it smooths out after a minute or so. I found in the Startup Spark Correction table all the values between 0.08-0.32 are negative numbers (-2.0* to -12.0*)for the first 75 seconds and the accompanying Multiplier table shows 0.5 for 50* and 1.0 for 68*-104*, the rest of the table is disabled. I'm guessing this table is pulling that amount of spark for the first 75 seconds from the Main Spark table? Is this normal for cold starts to have such low timing and should I adjust this table? My stock tables have the - numbers also but have seen other "tuned" .bin files not using these negative numbers. After warmup, lfts are -2 to -1, IAC is around 35 and rpm is 925 at idle.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody have any input on timing values on a cold startup? Should they be higher or lower than normal warm idling?