Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran an Audi S4 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran an Audi S4 sedan

I was on the way home tonight from work and I come to a red light close to my house. I sometimes see Mustangs or the occasional TA around that usually won't play. So I'm not really thinking I'll see any action from the light to my house when a little silver sedan pulls up to the light. I wasn't even paying attention when the light turned green and to my surprise he jumps his car forward pretty good and slows back down. I looked over and it's an Audi so I'm thinking rich kid in an A4. I get on it a little and slow down then he launches past me pretty good. I'm like "Damn! That's not an A4!". I didn't know the specs but I had to run him. We ended up running from 50 to 120 or so. He hung right with me until I hit third and put 2-3 cars or so on him. I had to run home and check the specs. The car has 340hp (4.2L V8) and a curb weight of 3800lbs. I was in my bone stock (to the paper filter) 2000 Formula A4. I am ever impressed with the top end on the LS1. I have taken off from a lot of cars hitting 3rd gear after they were right with me. Fast little sedan anyways...
Old 02-06-2005, 04:28 AM
Teching In

Nice kill

I have ran a few moded S4's in my old WRX, and they scoot
It was pretty funny, the first moded S4 I raced (about a year ago) was yellow, He had chip, intake, and a full catless exhaust. I had a stage 4 wrx at that time with a best of 12.24 @ 115mph in the Mile high, Anyways I run into this guy we romp it a little but couldnt get a race going in that area, so we meet on a back road and he wantd to run em from a dig, Im thinkin "cool I'll waste him" (1.72 60ft) He hits the horn three times and we hit it, At that time I newb launched it and it bogged, I kept the gas slammed popped the clutch back in switched to high boost and let er out, he was about 4 cars up by the time I got the tires spinning, I hit first and started to reach his speed, second... he wasnt pulling on me anymore, and as i caught third I was back 3 cars and reelin him in slowly, I decided to end the race and turned the spray on. As soon as I hit the spray he shut down. We pulled over and the first words out of his mouth were "Theyre about even aeh " . For that particular race we were! I wanted to do it again, but he declined. My plan was to kill em from the dig and let him run me down (low boost, no spray) and make a small wager on a high boost/spray run
I let my damn pride get in the way
Old 02-06-2005, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Nice kill, I have never run one but have messed with a few on the highway but no bites. They pay good money to have those cars and its nice to see the domestic whoop some ***.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

nice kill.

ive raced one v8 s4. He pulled up on my right about a fender and slowed down. I went up to match him when he hits it. I jump the throttle as well; all da way to second gear we stayed close until i started to pull on the top of sec. when my rev limiter hit and i shut off. (At the time my 3-4 clutch was shot and i couldnt shift from second to third in WOT.)

We then pull to a light and i notice he is to rich for his own good. (or daddy is...) We gives it a few HARD revs and i just watched him. I didnt feel like stressing the tranny any more so i let it go.....for now. Now that i fixed the tranny, i cant find that guy anywhere.....oh well.

Yeah, this cars on top gear are pretty quick for being an automatic. MY third will go all the way to 135ish...well until the new motor..hehehehe!