Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My 4.6 story

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 4.6 story

Not to tic off the admin on the boards or anything, but I wanted to post a story about my former 4.6 stang.

It was a 98. I coulda got a 99, but I loved the curvy style better than the squared off style of the 99's. I bought this in November of 98. My dad had bought a 99 Caddy Seville STS. We live out in the boonies and love picking at each other. We got to talking about the cars one day and decided to line them up. This was on a straight paved road out in the middle of our farm (its a country road, but we own all the land on it except about a quarter mile at the end, road is ...hmmm...roughly 1 3/4 to 2 miles long).

We line up at one end and go from a dig. On the jump I get one car length (his front bumper is at my rear). It stays like this up until about 90-95 mph. That caddy came by me like I was I was riding a "big wheel" tricycle or something. It was ungoverned (up to 140 at least..yeah..we went that fast in it).

The mods on my stang were flowmaster exhaust and K&N filter. I had planned to eventually build the motor with the ford racing heads and cams (which is why I wasn't concerned about getting the 98 as opposed to the 99). Needless to say I soon traded it in on a GMC pickup. And yeah...that pickup was faster than my old stang too...up until the 100mph gov on it.

I've since moved on to a 99 WS6...and now the 02 Z06.

By the time I get this last one paid off, I probably won't be in a position to spend money on myself like I have been in the past. Modding? sure...buying something new? nah....not if I ever wind up with a family.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

The STS has one of the nicest factory exhaust notes i've ever heard. We had a 98, nice cars.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Those Northstar V8's are some damn nice engines.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Regular

my mom has one as well, they really guzzle the gas if you get on it at all tho