Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Warrantee Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrantee Question

I have an extended GM warrantee on my camaro... The car is a 2002 Camaro SS with 38500 miles on it... And the people at my dealership are starting to give me a hard time about paying for my rearend to be fixed... Can they Deny to pay for it... All i brought the car in with was a Lid and Exhaust cutout.

Damn 10 bolts....
Old 02-07-2005, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Mine is on its way out, and in the next month, i will be going to the dealer to have mine fixed, so i would really LOVE a response on this question aswell!

I have just a lid, exhaust will go on afterward
Old 02-07-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Prophecy
I have an extended GM warrantee on my camaro... The car is a 2002 Camaro SS with 38500 miles on it... And the people at my dealership are starting to give me a hard time about paying for my rearend to be fixed... Can they Deny to pay for it... All i brought the car in with was a Lid and Exhaust cutout.

Damn 10 bolts....
Will this be the first warranty work that's been done on your rear? If so, they should fix it. If they deny you, tell them you want to talk to the regional GM Service Rep. If your dealership service manager is being a ********, go to another reputable Chevy dealer w/a large service dept. Again, talking directly to a GM rep should get you some action. Also, don't bring the car in w/a set of rear tires that look like they've been shredded off the thing.... Good luck. WJ
Old 02-07-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

They would be ******** to deny it but they can if they want. I had a Pontiac dealer service manager tell me to go home and remove my lid before he'd replace my blown cats under warranty. Anything you do to increase HP can void the warranty on the entire drivetrain because you're increasing stress on all drivetrain parts. If they deny it try a different dealer.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

They took care of it... Im getting the car back friday... I guess all the bitching really works....