Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tint levels

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tint levels

Anyone have good pictures of the tint on thier car? Looking for 35% and 25%.

Happy to see darker, but unfortunately, the cops around here are ***** about tint!
Old 02-07-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Mine is 5% in the rear and 35% on the sides.

I hope it helps.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Here are a few shots of mine:
Stock to the bone..

Photoshopped with deep tint, black ZR1s, headlight and tail light blackouts, stainless exhaust tip..

And the product:
Old 02-08-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

frankdatank, I know what you mean. I'm from the area as well. The cops WILL stop you for it AND ticket you, no questions asked. And you will just have to sit there and take it in the @$$. So, something to keep in mind is if you do get the 35% that is supposedly legal, if you have a black interior it is going to make it look even darker and more prone to getting stopped. If you can deal with that, then go ahead. I personally have enough ******* ffx county cops watchin me whenever I go out that I don't need to attract that kinda attention. Good luck though.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Junkie

i have legal, 35 i think, on the front widows, and 5 on the back. ill get pics up tomorrow. i wish i had gone darker on the front to what the T-tops are tinted.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Here is my car with 28% and 5%: http://shineshoppe.com/zpage.html
Old 02-09-2005, 05:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Name:  mycarback.bmp
Views: 11
Size:  419.9 KB

5% all around. i live in va as well....and i never have been stopped for it
Old 02-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

if you get pulled over, just roll down your windows, rarely do ppl ask about the hatch, and if they do tell them a hatchback exceeding 4 square feet in area is legally allowed to be tinted up to 15% because of the area, more light can pass through, and greater tinting is legal because it reduces glare for the driver on the windshield. And that if you use DOT improved tint film, than it is legal. Trust me, you'd be surprised what you can get away with. I recommend 20% not enough to attract bad attention, enough to make your car look good.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

i always roll down the windows if when i get pulled over. but if i drive by a cop, i roll them up so they dont see the radar detector. a few times theyve came behind me, but didnt do anything. maybe cause i have Fl plates..
Old 02-09-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's another silver Formula with 5% tint all around. Been stopped for it and got a $70 ticket. Oh well...
Attached Thumbnails Tint levels-blackcobra5.jpg   Tint levels-nikki8.jpg   Tint levels-nikki9.jpg   Tint levels-blackcobra2.jpg  
Old 02-10-2005, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Couldnt yall just post some thumbnails, or links. Instead of big a** pics . (dial-up)

Click on the link in my sig. I live in VA as well. I have 35% on the sides, and 20% on the back, with a black interior. It is perfect, you generally cant see in it, but at certain angles you can see through it. Legal is a relative term, it depends on where you live. Around here legal is 55% on the sides, and 35% in the rear. At least for a car, trucks and suv's I have heard differently. If cops are a hassle, go dark in the rear, and light on the sides. I have been pulled over once since the tint, but they were more concerned with my drving habits . And have had MANY cops follow me, pull up next to me in traffic, at night (you cant see in period). Any circumstance where you dont want to be noticed, and no problems. I figure, you dont be a moron, and you'll be alright.

Also, you can *technically* can have the back as dark as you like it, being the gauge cops use, slides over the glass to measure the tint. Hatches and trucks w/out sliding glass have no where to put the gauge. That is what I was told.
Oh, go with black tint, that chrome and icy hot stuff looks stupid. IMO.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
i always roll down the windows if when i get pulled over. but if i drive by a cop, i roll them up so they dont see the radar detector. a few times theyve came behind me, but didnt do anything. maybe cause i have Fl plates..
Yeah, its because of your plates. I haven't heard any stories about tint and FL police. Cops won't stop you for your tints if you are from a different state. It's like being stopped for no cats yet some places in FL don't have emissions so you can run no cats. But the cops from the different state can't tell you that you have no cats since your car isn't from that state. So they will usually leave you alone.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the help! Good tips. I think I'll go dark and take the chance, I love the look.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

frankdatank, I am in Northern VA as well and I plan on getting 5% all around and rolling the dice with the cops. As much as I've paid to buy the car and everything I can deal with getting a ticket for tint to have the car looking the way I want it.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Junkie

i dunno about yall, but my GFs car has 5% all the way, and its hard to see the side mirrors good, especially to back up. i wouldn't go too dark up front, maybe 15%
Old 02-10-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Phoenix57
i dunno about yall, but my GFs car has 5% all the way, and its hard to see the side mirrors good, especially to back up. i wouldn't go too dark up front, maybe 15%
That was my intial concern with 20% on the back, not being able to see. I used SUV's for reference, as they have 20 in the back. What is cool about the hatch is, since its slanted, it looks WAY darker with 20%.
20%=not hard to see out of at all.
5%=you need ungodly bright reverse lights, or stick you head out the window.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah, i have 5 on my back, and during the day it isn't bad, but at night, reverse lights are useless. I have to put my eye on the glass to see in. i can still use my side mirrors on my car fine with 35, but its too light. does anyone know the tint level on the t-tops?

Quick Reply: Tint levels