Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A couple of pony kills

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A couple of pony kills

I was on my way to my friends house for a night of Texas Holdem. I am at the bank pulling some cash out, when I hear a loud *** car drive by. I then jump in my car in hot pursuit. I catch up to him and get him to pull over. He asks if we want to race, and say hell yeah. He then opens his trunk to turn on his nitrious. At that point, I am think "Oh ****". We then line up and go at it. From a dig to 110. I take him by a car length and a half. I was pumped. Come to find out that he was stroked and squeezing a 100 shot.

After the poker night, I meet some friends and head out to the races in San Jose. Found a stage two rousch that wants to do a freeway run. We line up at around 40. He does the three honks and we are off. I was surprised that he is with me in 2nd and half of 3. Then I start pulling. I was at about 120 when I shifted into 5th then hear a loud boooooom! He pulls over with some bad news. He blew his motor trying to beat me. Come to find out that he was squeezing a 150 shot. Two fast mustangs, but still not enough to take me out. Not bad for a stock Camaro with bolton and a charger putting down 460rwhp at 6psi.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Teching In

poor mustangs, yall LS1 boys need to be nice to us...
Old 02-08-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice Kills What was the first car?
Old 02-08-2005, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

First car was a GT mustang. I will admit that it was one of the tighest sounding mustangs I've ever heard. We talked for like a half hour after. Along with the stroker and the 100 shot, he has long tube headers no cats and slp loudmouth exhaust. Very cool guy. Got his number to hook up later with some of his friends and mine to go out and have some fun with our cars.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

A 150 shot on what I'd bet was stock internals? Can ya say BOOM! I guess ya did didn't ya? Nice kills.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Teching In

Nice kills man

A sidenote my cousin blew up his 2002 Mustang GT spraying 100shot, those 4.6's just can't handle it. Bent the rod's on the driver side, one rod broke in half.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by J.Brown
those 4.6's just can't handle it. Bent the rod's on the driver side, one rod broke in half.
With the right dyno tune, 4.6's can handle a moderate amount of nitrous or boost just fine...

... problem is - a lot of folks who install a power-adder don't get the proper tune and/or don't install the safety equipment (like a window switch/fuel safety switch/bottle heater/fuel pressure gauge/etc) they should.

Things are bound to go wrong when you use a power-adder & don't take precautions, whether you're running a 4.6 or an LS1...
Old 02-09-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Regular

No doubt.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Where do you live in the bay area? Also where do you run em cause I cant find **** to play with around here.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Angus66
... problem is - a lot of folks who install a power-adder don't get the proper tune and/or don't install the safety equipment (like a window switch/fuel safety switch/bottle heater/fuel pressure gauge/etc) they should.

Things are bound to go wrong when you use a power-adder & don't take precautions, whether you're running a 4.6 or an LS1...
That's true, but he had all the safty equipment - mainly cause the NOS kit for a 4.6 comes with all that. What he done wrong was he sprayed the car from 2nd to 5th gear. From what i've read is you don't wanna spray a stock SOHC 4.6 longer then about 15 sec.s an you don't wanna spray in 5th gear . When i looked at the motor after it was apart there was no signs of detenation on the pistons or the spark plugs so i'm guessing that blowing the motor was not because of improper setup of the nitrous.