LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Mike and speed inc

Old 02-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mike and speed inc problem's.

I bought a motor from Tim/ Too SlowFiveOh and paid for it late december.
It was supposed to be shipped by Speed inc and I talked to Mike from Speed and told him I would have it arranged for pickup after the new year.
He verified the motor was at the shop and ready to ship.

I have the motor scheduled for pickup by central transport.
I get a confirmation number.
A week and a half goes by and nothing.
I call and talk to Mike to make sure it was acturally picked up.
He says yes it was picked up the next day after I told you it was ready, was very very short and hung up. The next day I call central transport to see what is up with my package.
I give them the confirmation number and they dont pull anything up.
I give them the address of speed inc and nothing.
I give them the address of where the package was going to arrive and they again find nothing.
The lady on the phone was very nice and looked for 15 minutes trying to locate the motor.
She suggested I call and get the paperwork from the company where the item was picked up and on the invoice there will be a number where they could defentially find my package. I call again and ask for this info, Mike say's "There are only 2 of us here today and I am very busy, send me a email and I will get back to you by the end of the day" End of the day comes and no email.
I send another email the following day asking for the info again.
2 day's later nothing.

Monday I call and am more stern asking for the paperwork.
Mike says well call Tim and make sure that the motor was here. I was like WHAT you already told me it was there and have been telling me this whole time the motor shipped.
Then I told him Tim is impossible to get in touch with.
He shuffles through some paper's and says he cant find the invoice. I asked to call me back by the end of the day and he never did.
I call again on Tuesday and Mike is very short again saying I didn't find anything and I dont know what to tell you.
I call central transport again, and again nothing is found.

This is complete BS and if your gonna take the responsibality to ship something for a friend then you are responsible. I am geting nowhere on my own, and I know reputation's go along way and these boards can sometimes help resolve problem's.
This is something that need's to be addressed RIGHT NOW, no more BS. I need the motor that is still sitting at your shop / Tim's house, the paperwork showing it was shipped or a good deal of money for losing something I bought.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Banned

Sorry that post was so long, but I feel that you need to include all details in certain situation's.
I can provide email sent to Mike@speedinc.com if needed.

PSJ, I noticed you were friends with Tim from this thread......
https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/269806-tooslowfiveoh-issues-resolved.html
if you can help out in any way that would be awsome.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When we are shipping items 3rd party, there are several things involved in getting them out. You did not buy this motor through Speed inc, nor did we initiate a pick up, in fact, we had no idea that we were supposed to ship a motor until YOU called us.

WE get 2-3 truck pickups/deliveries per day, not including UPS, FEDEX or DHL, and there was never a phone call, or specified pickup time from you or your trucking company.

Was there confusion....YES. Is is 100% our fault.....NO.

Tom
Old 02-10-2005, 11:09 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

If Tim send some stuff via Speed Inc. I think you need to give Speed Inc. a big break since they are doing him a big favor.

Mike L. @ Speed Inc. is a terrific person and would bend over backwards to make sure stuff is right assuming he has the information.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Banned

I don't doubt he is a good person, that is why I have waited a long amount of time before posting on here.
My intents are not to bash, but to try and get things accomplished.

They knew they were shipping the motor because Tim delivered the motor to their shop (from what Tim told me) and then I called to confirm that and make sure it was okay to have it picked up.
I am not even saying speed inc. has done anything wrong, but I have been doing my best to get the info on this motor for the past couple weeks will no success.
What other option's am I left with?
I explored every option and was left here, hoping that my last option would be the most productive.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Banned

Tom thanks for the reply as well.
I am sorry if you feel I wrong for posting here, but as I said I was all out of option's.
If things are taken care of there will be delete button pushed very quickly. All I need is a piece of paper verifying the motor shipped out and then my conserns are with the shipping company.
As of 2/4/05 they hadn't picked up any package's within your zip code this year.
I am guessing maybe things got screwed up somewhere and the motor was never picked up.
But I cant figure that out on my own from Florida.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Banned

Motor was never picked up, because the trucking company pickup was not initiated by us, and the driver had no bill of laiding, or even a clue as to what he was picking up. No phone call from you, or Tim with a heads up. In fact, I had no knowledge of this motor even being here until just recently. We had been trying to get a hold of Tim on some other shipping invoices, and he was MIA (to us) until just last week. Helping people out isnt always worth it, but that is beside the point, and another story.

I will have Mike get this handled today.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

It sucks when you try and help a friend out and get caught in the middle of something when you were doing nothing but trying to help.

Seems like TIm is the person you need to be looking for.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Banned

****, happnes, we will get it fixed.

Tom
Old 02-10-2005, 02:59 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Sounds like more a Tim thing to me.

Speed Inc. shipped some Tahoe wheels/tires for me last year, and I left a very detailed set of instructions.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:55 AM
Banned

Default Thanks speed inc.

"Motor was never picked up, because the trucking company pickup was not initiated by us, and the driver had no bill of laiding, or even a clue as to what he was picking up. No phone call from you, or Tim with a heads up. In fact, I had no knowledge of this motor even being here until just recently. We had been trying to get a hold of Tim on some other shipping invoices, and he was MIA (to us) until just last week. Helping people out isnt always worth it, but that is beside the point, and another story.

I will have Mike get this handled today."

Thanks Tom for helping me sort things out.
Everything I did went through Mike as he is the one I was told to talk to because him and Tim are friends.
What happened in my (now deleted as promised) previous post was exactly what I was looking for. I needed answer's and you helped provide these answer's.

I can assure you someone at your company knew the shipping company was coming to pick the motor up as I would defentially not schedule a pickup without having premission. I even included in the pickup notes what time the shop was closed for lunch because I was asked to do so. Then when I called and asked Mike he said it was gone and the trucking company picked it up.
Then just recentially and I quote he said "I wouldn't BS you on something like this, we shipped it"

Anyways, it really dosen't matter anymore.
I applaud you for helping me get things straightened out. That is one of the reason's we both are on this board.
I am going to have you guys do the shipping even if the costs are higher so that we dont have any problem's like this again. Playing the middle man is a pain in the *** and however I can help make this go more smoothly I will.
I will call you in the morning.

To Tom for the help this one is on me. as you have just helped me elimiate 1/3 of my current stress.
To Mike, I appoligise if I made you mad for any reason as that wasn't my goal. But sir you defentially made me
To PSJ thanks for being there, and throwing out you oponion, I know you would have helped in any way you could have.

Search this Thread