Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

intalled 9in got a ? for you guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default intalled 9in got a ? for you guys

hey all i installed a moser 9in with 35 splin gun drilled axles light weight spool, 4.10 gear, alum pinon suport. i have BMR LCA's TRACK PAK with ADJ TQ ARM, and a bmr panhard rod.

ok my ? is fro ma roll in 1st gear i cant get rid of all my wheel hop. i and dump it and get nun at all and i can slam 2nd and get none at all. jsut from a roll in 1st gear. this is on street tires.

any one got a idea? i had none before the rear swap. i was think it might be cause of the spool turnning the wheels at the same speed at all times with no slip in there like a posi whould. does that make any sense to you guys and maybe some truth to it? iv talked ot a few ppl and they said it chould be.

got a friend with same set up rear but he has a auto with 31 splin axles and spool and 4.10s, he said on the street with street tires his whould do same thing but with the mickey ET's streets it whould on the street of the track.

looking for some opinons thanks
Eddie
Old 02-10-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Depends alot on the tires. Spool has nothing to do with it. What kind of tires do you have?
Old 02-10-2005, 01:01 AM
10 Second Club

cheap o street tires. that didnt have no wheel hope with stock rear with 4.10s or stock rear with 3.42's
Old 02-10-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would check to make sure everything is lined up with the center of the car.
Next I would try my freinds tires out.
You can also try lowering the pressure in the tires (what psi do you run them at)?
I know I had wheel hope like a #*%#^ on the stock tires.
I switched my tires and it all went away.
Try some 315 nittos, dam good street tires.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:29 AM
10 Second Club

well iv had them from 20 psi to 40 and every where in between. it may be the tires i jsut dont know. like i said before i never had it before the swap to the 9in at all. now i only got it in 1st fro ma roll. the rear is pretty straght i charck all that today and iv played with pinon angle most of day got it better but still some there, but i did get all my vibration out i was haveing.

thanks for the sujestions keep them comeing ppl
Eddie
Old 02-10-2005, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

to the top, keep it comeing
Old 02-11-2005, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

I have the exact same problem. Only difference is mine will hop in 2nd too if it's spinning good enough.
My pinion angle is correct and everything is lined up perfect back there. I even have the spohn LCA relocation brackets for a 9".
Back in september i said to hell with it and took it to the track. Wouldn't you know with stock 16" wheels and BFG drag radials there was no wheel hop? I've come to blame my 17" Z06s and cheap azz street tires.

One other thing odd about mine...if I start a burn out on street tires with the line lock on I get no wheel hop. Even if i turn the line lock off and ride it out. Hmmm
Old 02-11-2005, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

yea i knwo what you mean man kind bugs me. im like you got my angle right and everything else is straght. and like you said i can dump it at 3k in 1st and get no hop at all but from any speed roll i get it bad in 1st gear. 2nd i dont get none. talked to madman and he said to get some hal shocks for the rear. and whats happeing is the 9in has more unprung weight to it and the shocks not controlling it good anough. so i guess that will be my next step. going to track sunday with some ET streets see what happnes there.
Eddie