Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hmmm...question about the car tonight...please help. Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmm...question about the car tonight...please help. Thanks

Hey guys, tonight i went to pick up my 01 SS, and when i got there, the person had just gotten back from taking the car out for one last time. On his trip he got an SES light. he said he got on it and then it triggered the light. Well to say the least without knowing what it was i didnt want to devote myself to this car, however we wrote up papers so that i could take it home and check things out for myself, WELL let me say i LOVE this car!!!

anyways back to the SES light...
i started it up as i left and within a couple of seconds the SES light turned off and after about 60 miles of driving(trip home, out with friends/GF, etc. The light never came on, runs real strong and seems to be in perfect shape.

He previously had the plugs and wires changed, but for some reason they didnt change the last three on the passenger side, also the car sat for three months give or take for the winter.

Anyways is this something unheard of, i have seven days to check things out, and was looking for a little advice from you guys, what do yout think?

Thanks
Louie Panayi
Old 02-11-2005, 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's really not that unusual. I've had the same thing happen with both my Gold Z and my Blue Z.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:40 AM
12 Second Club

Go to autozone and have your car scanned for free. There should be at least one code stored in the computer.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:59 AM
Restricted User

I agree get the free scan. Its probably something related to lazy plug changing, misfire etc. or loose gas cap. Piece of mind is nearly free though. Good luck and enjoy.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:43 AM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

I agree about scanning for codes, for piece of mind, if nothing else. If you're really concerned, find a good mechanic (preferably one that knows the LSx engines) and pay to have it checked out. Who knows, $100 spent now might save you some headaches later. JMO.
Good luck and welcome to the LSx world.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gwj
I agree about scanning for codes, for piece of mind, if nothing else. If you're really concerned, find a good mechanic (preferably one that knows the LSx engines) and pay to have it checked out. Who knows, $100 spent now might save you some headaches later. JMO.
Good luck and welcome to the LSx world.

That is exactly what i was thinking but at the same time i have never payed someone to work on my cars before...however on monday this is something that i may consider.

I will definately get the codes scanned. If it is something like a misfire, fouled plug, etc. is this something that i should worry about or no?

Thanks guys i appreciate it.

Louie Panayi
Old 02-12-2005, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by half-n-half
but for some reason they didnt change the last three on the passenger side,
They should of changed those three plugs. They are not that hard after you do it once. Welcome to the greatest LS1 site in the world.... There is a lot of good stuff on this site. Visit my web site for a number of LS1 How To's:
http://www.bowlingss.com/LS1_How_To.htm

Bill