Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Works

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Works

Hi, I just got a Nitrous Works LS1 wet kit, new for $325. I think the kit is Ghetto. I am having a problem mounting the window switch. Where should I put it? I have a fly by wire set up. The direction say to mount it behind the gas pedal, so when your at WOT with the pedal, it activates the N20 . Is this right? Im running the 125 shot. Should I regap my plugs to a different gap before I use it for the first time? I have this on an 03 Silverado SS w/the HO 6.0l motor. It is a higher compression then the rest of the truck motors (Lq9), and requires 91octane and above for regular driving. What problems might I encounter? What can Ido to prevent any problems? Any Advice??

Thanks, J
Old 02-11-2005, 01:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxmumboom
Hi, I just got a Nitrous Works LS1 wet kit, new for $325. I think the kit is Ghetto. I am having a problem mounting the window switch. Where should I put it? I have a fly by wire set up. The direction say to mount it behind the gas pedal, so when your at WOT with the pedal, it activates the N20 . Is this right? Im running the 125 shot. Should I regap my plugs to a different gap before I use it for the first time? I have this on an 03 Silverado SS w/the HO 6.0l motor. It is a higher compression then the rest of the truck motors (Lq9), and requires 91octane and above for regular driving. What problems might I encounter? What can Ido to prevent any problems? Any Advice??

Thanks, J
You can mount the micro switch at the pedal or you can but one of NXs TPS switches.You need to change your plugs to a one step colder non platnum.The thing you are calling a window witch is a microp switch.If you dont have a window switch you should get one.
Dave
Old 02-11-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I were you I would just buy a NX TPS switch. They are really nice. Thats what I bought and it is a whole lot more accurate than a micorswitch! Next do not spray your stock plugs it will cause damage to your motor. You need to spend $16 at the local parts store and get some NGK-TR6 plugs and gap them at .35. I would also get a MSD digital window switch. It actiavtes and deactivates the n20 at the rpms you set it at and it will keep you from spraying n20 when you shift which will kill a 4l65e in time. Did you buy the NW kit brand new? if not I would rebuild the noids or send them to NW to check them out because that is the worst thing that could happen(solenoid sticking). I dont have any experience with Nitrous Works but all Ive read on the internet isnt really positive and that caused me to not even give them a chance but then internet is the internet. As long as your solenoids are good your cool! I would definitly get a window switch and a TPS switch. You should be ok spraying 125 wet shot on a stock tune but I will get a tune before I sprayed it especially since you already have a LQ4. If you had a 4.8 I would say who cares because if somehting did happen then you could go ahead and do a 6.0l
Old 02-11-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have 8 new NGK tr55 that came with the kit. Should I use them, or get the tr6 plugs? If I can use the tr55, what should they be gapped to? As for the TPS switch, Who has the best price on it? The whole kit was new BTW. I came with the bottle,brackets,line,selenoids,one broke *** on off switch, and one broke *** micro swtch. there is no hobbs switch on this kit, and there are no relays in this kit either. The directions say you dont need the relays for the noids, but they recommend them. WTF. Broke ***. By going to a colder plug, am I going to see a loss in power for my daily driving/drop in fuel economy? Not like it matters,im just wondering.
Thanks, Im a N20 newbie
Old 02-11-2005, 03:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We carry the NX TPS and a wiring harness and relay.I would install it with a relay.You are starting to see why some kits are cheap...Put the TR6s in.You will not see a big enough difference NA to matter.
Dave
Old 02-11-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know how soon you want to spray or your $ situation but youshould sell your NW kit and spend a $200 or so and buy a new NX or TNT kit! Hell even if you found a newer used TNT or NX kit would be great to! Do the TR-6's gfapped at .35 no matter what they are cheap insurance! There is no reason you shouldnt use relays-they are cheap isurance as well! I collected parts for 6 months on my n20 kit because I wasnt in a hurry to spray and I wanted everything!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
We carry the NX TPS and a wiring harness and relay.I would install it with a relay.You are starting to see why some kits are cheap...Put the TR6s in.You will not see a big enough difference NA to matter.
Dave
Dave, i hava a **** load of relays, but how much for the tps, shipped to 08837-2625?????
Old 02-11-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Maxmumboom
What problems might I encounter? What can Ido to prevent any problems? Any Advice??

Thanks, J

possible detonation (cylinders firing off before theyre supposed to).get a timing tuner (just in case;allows you to retard timing only when you sparay N2O).new plugs...at least TR-6's.good luck.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:51 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Talking

ill second the timing tuner and it is easy to install.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Who has the best price on the tps switch?
Old 02-11-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to disscount anyone's advice, but if you decide to use a wot micro switch at throttle pedal (I have for years and think they are safe and easy) I have install pic of switch in links in my site. Might give you some insight. I agree, tr6's at .035 and other suggestions.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robert56
Not to disscount anyone's advice, but if you decide to use a wot micro switch at throttle pedal (I have for years and think they are safe and easy) I have install pic of switch in links in my site. Might give you some insight. I agree, tr6's at .035 and other suggestions.
Robert, Thanks for your help with that pic. Im still waiting on the timing tuner.
J