Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone heard of or used a sim test machine

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone heard of or used a sim test machine

Hi all: I went on a little tour at a machine shop in my area and the guy said that if they assemble a long block motor for me they will put it on a sim test machine. The way he explained it to me they put the engine on a machine and run hot oil thru it. Then they put and adapter attached to the rear of the crank with a high speed motor on it. They spin up the rpms and when done they do a compression and leakdown test. Other than test firing the engine on an engine dyno this sounds good to me. Any have any experience or knowledge on this machine. Thanks
Old 02-13-2005, 12:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 123 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Sim test

I saw one of these rigs in operation a couple of weeks ago at a large reman. shop here in Ca. They motored the engine via a coupling off the front damper. They monitored the turning effort at various revs, the oil pressure, and visually inspected to make sure every rocker arm was getting oil. The turning effort on their machine was used to gauge the cylinder to cylinder compression. They did not do a compression test. Plant engineer said the machine drastically cut down on come backs.

Steve

Originally Posted by StickSS
Hi all: I went on a little tour at a machine shop in my area and the guy said that if they assemble a long block motor for me they will put it on a sim test machine. The way he explained it to me they put the engine on a machine and run hot oil thru it. Then they put and adapter attached to the rear of the crank with a high speed motor on it. They spin up the rpms and when done they do a compression and leakdown test. Other than test firing the engine on an engine dyno this sounds good to me. Any have any experience or knowledge on this machine. Thanks
760-630-0450
web: www.raceenginedevelopment.com/
e-mail: race-engine-development@***.net

Quick Reply: Has anyone heard of or used a sim test machine