Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smog Check Failure

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smog Check Failure

Just wondering if any one has any tips for passing smog check after returning a stock program in a 2000 Z-28 with a Hypertech Power Programmer III. The car failed the on board diognostic self check. This has happened in the past, and I just put some more miles on it and it passed, this time it did not work?? Any help would be appreciated, I have to sell the beast so I can get a new C6.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset the PCM. This should clear any pending codes. You'll have to go through a few start/drive cycles before the PCM is happy with itself. There's really no reason that converting back from HPP to stock should create any problems, but sometimes it does. If all else fails, you may be able to convince the dealer to reflash the PCM for you. Your car is covered by an eight year, 80,000-mile emissions system warranty. With a little persuasion, you should be able to convince the service guy that the self-test failure is covered by the warranty.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks dfe1

Great info, your allright!

Originally Posted by dfe1
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset the PCM. This should clear any pending codes. You'll have to go through a few start/drive cycles before the PCM is happy with itself. There's really no reason that converting back from HPP to stock should create any problems, but sometimes it does. If all else fails, you may be able to convince the dealer to reflash the PCM for you. Your car is covered by an eight year, 80,000-mile emissions system warranty. With a little persuasion, you should be able to convince the service guy that the self-test failure is covered by the warranty.