Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fellas need your help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fellas need your help!!

ok guys this sn was made because of this dick around my way with a mach1 04 5 speed and he would never really run me because everytime we'd go i'd pull on him and he would let off and say something was wrong with his car so i chalk that up to a win considering the other mach 1's that weren't ****** ran full passes and i killed them by 1 to 2 cars without the laughing gas. but heres what i need some help with he decided to go out and spend $4000 on a procharger on top of the cat back and intake and god knows what else but if this dick pulls up to me and wants to run what would be my chances with him running a 7 psi boost and me running a 100 shot. i know this guy can't drive but he just got drag radials and he probably will hook up. so with my current mods running a 100 shot what do u think are my chances in winning cause i just want to f*cking romp that **** stang cause hes one of those guys that think there is nuttin faster then a mustang.

ps if you guys have any tips just let me know

thanks guys
Old 02-14-2005, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

Well, I've seen a couple Mach1s running minor bolt ons and the Procharger kit at around 15psi and they where only running mid to low 11s at about 120mph on e/t streets. So if these results are typical I would say he might be low 12s to high 11s on a sticky tire. If he's a really shitty driver he might be mid 12s.

If you want to spend some money to really kill this guy, pop a converter in the car along with a wet kit. Or buy some injectors, get a dyno tune, and run the 5177 with the jets drilled out. Drilling the jets is basicly running an open hose and your HP is pretty much determined by how much the noids can flow (will make about 140rwhp). Injectors, pump and a tune is a must though.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

I would just upgrade your kit all together to a nice wet kit and call it a day. Get a TNT or NX 150 shot, throw in a fuel pump and maybe pull some timing. The converter would help like CRAZY! You should have to much of an issue with him then.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

like the other guys said get a good wet 150 shot and converter and smoke him like a blunt,goodluck.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a little different advice. Your '98 should have the 28lb injectors and you can safely (dyno) run the 125hp jets in your 5177, I have on two different cars. Or, you can add the NOS wet add on kit made for the 5177. Or, you can split the noids up for an even bigger shot (injectors now) one noid to one nozzle, or run them dual stage. A very versitile kit.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a nice write up on a MACH1 with a Kenny Bell SC if interested.
http://www.alternativeauto.com/misc/mach1_project.html