Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will I pass?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will I pass?

I finally got my HP Tuners in today and was able to delete all the codes related to the EGR so I can pass inspection(switched to ls6 intake). I got a ticket for my inspection being out a little over a week ago and they give you 10 days to inspect the car to dismiss the ticket. So my question is, will writing the updated bin to the computer reset everthing so the emmision equipment will read not ready or incomplete untill you relearn all the fuel curves, ect.. And if it does reset the computer, how long will it take to get the emmision stuff up and running so I will pass. Thanks
Paul
Old 02-14-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so long as most of the readiness tests are completed you'll pass... depends on state as to how many you can fail... once you reflash you will need to drive it (the car) around to get the readiness tests all run ... i'd try to put 100-150 miles on before going in

You can check the status of the readiness tests in the scanner software
Old 02-14-2005, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

I was afraid you would say that. I live in Texas and I think you can have 3 incompletes(99). I remember seeing misfire, AIR injection, O2, and evap as incomplete, but the misfire was in a different category. BTW I want to download my bins into your repository, do I have to have a zip file? Please step me through.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AllThrottle4U
I was afraid you would say that. I live in Texas and I think you can have 3 incompletes(99). I remember seeing misfire, AIR injection, O2, and evap as incomplete, but the misfire was in a different category. BTW I want to download my bins into your repository, do I have to have a zip file? Please step me through.

the O2 and AIR should pass pretty quickly after clearing, EVAP and Misfire seem to take along time... to concentrate on just getting the minimum amount to pass.

If you go to the repository , It'll ask you about the BIN then provide a button you can press to upload the file. No need to zip it up (actually easier if you don't zip) ... the file gets zipped once my server receives it... it will assign that file a unique random number and store it in the database.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:00 PM
12 Second Club

thanks
Old 02-14-2005, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

Well, it passed. I only drove it a total of 30 minutes. If any of you wanted to know how long it takes after a flash, here is your answer. Luckily the AIR injection poped up ready about 5 minutes before I got to jiffy lube. So I had a "not ready" for misfire, o2's, and evap. I think they overlooked a couple of things or I wouldn't have passed. My bald nitto's, a plug that is supposed to be connected to the EGR, a cracked windshield, and a cracked front blinker, damn rocks .
Old 02-14-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Excellent... I knew some of those readiness tests were fast but didn't think they'd be that fast!

Congrats!