Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need some help with BF Goodrich

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help with BF Goodrich

Well one of the tires on the Car was out of round and then bubbles started appearing in the sidewall. I took it to have it inspected where BFG asked me to, and they said it was a bad tire. No impact marks, no puntures or anything. The belts were coming apart from the inside and the tire was literally falling apart. The tire itself has low miles on it and is only missing 2/32 of tread depth. The guy at NTB had to fight to get me any kind of adjustment. They didn't want to give me anything, and NTB finally got them talked into a 50% "goodwill" adjustment, but they said they would never do it again. I have always bought BFG tires whenever I have needed replacement tires. I just can't believe that they would treat a customer like this. I talked to a guy that worked at another tire shop that I used to be a mechanic at a while back, and he told me that this was the reason they quit selling BFG tires. He said they would give them **** everytime they tried to adjust a bad tire out for a customer.

All I am asking is you drop them a line or two about the way they treat customers. I told them after this set was gone, I would never buy another set of BFg's.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgap....LoadContactUs

Thanks

Chris
Old 02-15-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck there are a lot of us that have problems with BFG. I have a set of tires now that need to be replaced because they have a crack all around the side wall where the tread and the sidewall meet. ITs on both sides of the tire too. I took it to the shop to see what they say and they say that its fine. When I asked if they see alot of that they told me no. I know for a fact that its not fine because a few years back I had a set of radial T/As and they split the same way and the shop gave me a new set and said if I had a problem again that they would take care of it. That was at least 4 years ago so I think BFG has changed their customer service policy