Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does a NX Maximizer do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What does a NX Maximizer do?

This is a real noob question and I am to ask but what exactly does a NX Maximizer do?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:14 AM
10 Second Club

check out this link.
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/Maximizer.htm

it's a bad *** piece of hardware if you are serious about running N2O. not to steal your thread but i have a question:
can you use a lap top instead of a PDA?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is it usefull for a 100-150 dry shot? I plan on getting the car dynotuned after I install my cam and nitrous kit so would this thing still be any use?
Old 02-15-2005, 04:27 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Yes, you can use it with a laptop.

Never thought about using this for a dry shot, not sure how well that would work. It does however work great for a 150 wet shot.

Unless you have traction problems, this is way overkill for a controller. And this also works best from a stand still start as it has different ramps for different gears, but the way it does it's gear detection leaves a LOT to be desired. Read up on it, you can find the instruction manual at http://www.fjoracing.com/products/Maximizer/MMI0001%20rev%20C%20(Maximizer%20Installation%20Ma nual).pdf

It sure doesn't like that link, just go to www.fjoracing.com and click on the maximizer and scroll down to the bottom where the manual can be found.

I love my maximizer (except for the gear part).
Old 02-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

AHHH now knocking how it select gear aaa. The box can do alot for you not just ramp the nitrous in, but monitor air fuel, rpm, tps, you can change for time base to rpm based system. I my opinion it is the best box for nitrous period. And NO I am not being bias will maybe a little.
Ricky
Old 02-15-2005, 04:43 PM
12 Second Truck Club

My chief complaint has always been the gear selection method, 2nd complaint would be that it's only compatible with the FJO wideband unit or narrowband O2 input, 3rd would be that you have to buy the analysis software ($90) if you want to do any real examination of logged data.

I will agree with Ricky though that it is the best controller on the planet.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

just out of curiosity could you use a pda cell phone with it
Old 02-15-2005, 11:23 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by mushroom281
just out of curiosity could you use a pda cell phone with it
Here is a list of supported PDA's.

http://www.fjoracing.com/support_pag...orted_PDAs.htm
Old 02-17-2005, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

i don't think it will but how about this one
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=1567
Old 02-17-2005, 08:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a great unit. The only thing it needs is a fuel noid offset for A/F tunning then it would be truely awesome. Could you imagine tunning A/F from the drivers seat...I have said it many times before I am still waiting.

Did you hear that!!!

FUEL NOID OFFSET!!!!!!!

Yup, needs one...pretty sure...yup, still does lol.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Its a great unit. The only thing it needs is a fuel noid offset for A/F tunning then it would be truely awesome. Could you imagine tunning A/F from the drivers seat...I have said it many times before I am still waiting.

Did you hear that!!!

FUEL NOID OFFSET!!!!!!!

Yup, needs one...pretty sure...yup, still does lol.
That sounds like an interesting idea while the nitrous is ramping up, but what about when its gets to 100%? Lets say you wanted to take just a little fuel out, then what happens? Your n2o noid is 100% ON, while the fuel noid pulses at 95% the entire rest of the way down the track? Sounds risky. Or maybe i'm missing something.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:11 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Y2K2LS1
That sounds like an interesting idea while the nitrous is ramping up, but what about when its gets to 100%? Lets say you wanted to take just a little fuel out, then what happens? Your n2o noid is 100% ON, while the fuel noid pulses at 95% the entire rest of the way down the track? Sounds risky. Or maybe i'm missing something.
Seperate control of gas and nitrous, ramp each individually, the only way that would happen is if the user is stupid enough to not allow enough fuel for the nitrous.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just reread that, didn't mean to come off like an ******* on that.

Last edited by Magic Chicken; 02-17-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Didnt see what you said so no offense taken

You are just talking about being able to adjust them independantly during ramp up, but eventualy both noids go to full ON. Is that right so far?

Now are you doing this because the pulsing of the fuel and n2o noids gives rocky a/f ratio when pulsed "together"? ie: like spraying more n2o than fuel?
Old 02-17-2005, 01:08 PM
12 Second Truck Club

yes, adjust them independently and they'd eventually both be full on (or whatever you set them to be at the end)

I personally would use this to solve my slight lean spike at the hit of the nitrous. Since the nitrous is at 1050psi and my fuel is at 58psi, the nitrous travels faster than the fuel and my AFR jumps to like 17:1 until the fuel gets there. So i'd have my fuel start before my nitrous.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Veteran

I bought one from Nitro Dave and will be testing it shortly. I will be using the integrated FJO wideband setup too. Ill tell you what...after actually spending some time thinking about everything...and how I want to do it....I am excited by the possibilties.

It is the most complete setup out there by far.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
I bought one from Nitro Dave and will be testing it shortly. I will be using the integrated FJO wideband setup too. Ill tell you what...after actually spending some time thinking about everything...and how I want to do it....I am excited by the possibilties.

Nice set up! The FJO wideband appears a little on the pricey side to me, did you find a good deal on them?
Old 02-18-2005, 02:56 AM
Restricted User

Would be nice to be able to integrate the LM-1 Wideband, since many ppl already have them......Hmm Hmmm Ricky!!!!
Old 02-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by CAT3
Would be nice to be able to integrate the LM-1 Wideband, since many ppl already have them......Hmm Hmmm Ricky!!!!
I talked with FJO about the costing of there air/fuel. The current Wideband sensor they use is the most accurate sensor they could find. they also calibrate every sensor to make sure it is in specs.
But now with the high demand from the consumers they will be offering a lesser expensive unit in the future. But it will still be there choice of sensor. It is all about how accurate do you want you air/fuel meter.
I am trying to find the link that shows the overall quality of this unit. It starts off in a block of ice, then is put into a pot and melted and then boiled, and finally a truck drives over it. My opinion FJO build the best electronics for the aftermarket.
I do not think the intergrating requist will happen. They spend a lot of time making all their components can communicate with each other with out any problems.
Ricky
Old 02-18-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS

What did you buy? A maximizer I take it? You are Mr Dry shot, so are you going to be running a huge prog wet kit now? Or big dry hit? Or both?
Old 02-18-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Y2K2LS1
What did you buy? A maximizer I take it? You are Mr Dry shot, so are you going to be running a huge prog wet kit now? Or big dry hit? Or both?

Actually I have a direct port NX kit that I also got from Nitro Dave. The kit will flow up to a 500 shot. I see myself having the 400 or the 500 shot installed and then using the Maximizer to control actual HP the car sees by rpm. Of course I will start with the 200 shot pills installed and then run the maximizer through its paces before I put the 500 pills in...but you get the idea. I am going to see if, by using the rpm based maximizer, I can maintain 750 rwtq from 3500 rpm to 7000+ rpm for 4th gear on the dyno. Once that is dialed in and tuned. I will set it up so there will be a smaller percentage of that 4th gear configuration in 1st and 2nd gear for the track. Maybe 40% in first gear and 75% of that in second. I will not be using a dry setup any more. It was GREAT and I loved it. But to go much more than 750 rwhp it takes more tricks. So I am gonna give this route a try. And Im excited about it.
As a side benifit I will likely be going MAFless with a speed density tune. I have a 90 mm FAST intake and TB and a nice intake setup. I want to remove the MAF and see how much that helps.

I should be able to crank the car up tommorrow. Just need to put in fluids, and tighten a few bolts and nuts and slap in the battery.