Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01ss vs Ls1 camaro

Old 02-18-2005, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 01ss vs Ls1 camaro

I was cruising around in the work van, in kingwood, going to my next cable trouble call. (If you ever wondering why the cable guy is late this would probly be why.) I pull up behind a black Ls1 camaro and an Orange 04 cobra. I was thinking they were gonna race, but apparenty they new each other and were just driving slow. I follow hoping to ask the winner if they wanted to race, but they never raced and the camaro started to bust a u-turn. I drove up next to him and asked if he wanted to race his car. The passenger laughed a little and told the driver. Shockingly, the camaro downshifted and got ready to race....but if you remember I was in a cable work van. I said " no not this, I actually have an ss". So he then followed me to the shop where i picked up my car. We made it over to the bridge. We started from second gear, at about 3grand. I let him honk but instead of punching it i bounced my car to give him the move. After that there just isnt much to say. I just dissapeared. We tried once more from first. I couldnt hook so i short shifted into second. At 140 mph i looked up and he was a good eighth of a mile behind me. Props to the guy for trying, but you got along way to go.... back to work i went...
Old 02-18-2005, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

mods?
Old 02-18-2005, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

sig....
Old 02-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

he didnt have a chance.....lol....nice kill
Old 02-19-2005, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

Haha ya that was me its a 1999 z28 basicly stock. except 4.10s, air lid and borla catback. The race was pretty sad but i was just happy to get to hear/see your car go it was amazing. Pretty soon im gonna get some kooks and i should be able to take the 04 cobra we stay right next to each other right now. Oh and when u asked if i wanted to race first of all in the van i thought u just wanted to see me get on it since i didnt run the cobra that is why i downshifted. The reason the cobra didnt run me then is because of the cop on the other side of the bridge he just got his car back after getting arrested for street racing so he didnt want to try it again. Btw that little set up u had with the vans and stuff from cebridge was bad *** i need to call cebridge for all my street races now .
Old 02-20-2005, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

I'm not sure if your interested in Slp longtubes with 3 inch Slp Y Pipe, but i'm about to take them off my car. I can give you a good deal. I'll admit they arent as good as kooks(thats why Im changing), but for the price you cant go wrong... $400.00 and you can have the whole set. The Y has Random tech cats, but they have been gutted. Let me know... If you have the money I can have them off the car in hours after I get my new ones in.
I pmed you back about the Rx7 race...let me know..I'll race em.

Search this Thread