Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

tune for pump and injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tune for pump and injectors?

well its just as the title says. would i need to get a tune for my car if i get 42# injectors and a walbro 255lph pump for my car. right now its completly stock but should i wait till i get my turbo system or should i throw it on now? if it helps im going with the sts system for my z. well any and all information or suggestion would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Coal Mining Director

You will need a tune for the 42lb injectors. Then you will need another tune after you install the turbo. I wouldn't waste the $$$ on 2 tunes because you will not gain any hp with the stock motor. Wait and install the package and do one tune.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:56 AM
Teching In

I had the same question when i was doing my Turbo. What i did was install the fuel pump. Then when i did the turbo put in the biger injectors and had it tuned. Had the fuel pump in for like 2 weeks before the turbo
Old 02-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by everx
well its just as the title says. would i need to get a tune for my car if i get 42# injectors and a walbro 255lph pump for my car. right now its completly stock but should i wait till i get my turbo system or should i throw it on now? if it helps im going with the sts system for my z. well any and all information or suggestion would be greatly appreciated
I was gettin ready to ask the same question. But I am looking at installing an in-line fuel pump only. No tuning for just installing an in-line fuel pump, right?
Old 02-22-2005, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

get all ur mods 2gether and install at same time,therefore u save on having to have ur pcm tuned