Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on 97 c5 Surging at idle

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 03:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on 97 c5 Surging at idle

I drove my c5 to my friends shop tonight and washed/waxed it. the car sat for a few hours in a 75* warehouse. I started it up and it idle fine. I let it warm up then drove it home. I drove about five miles, five hard miles, in 10* weather.. I was beating on the car hard. the rpms didnt get bellow 4k until i got onto my street. as soon as i stopped the car to back it into the garage, it began to surge. It would idle just before it stalled, then spike itself up to 1500rpm, then go back down to where it almost stalled. then it would do it agian and again. It was fine when i was in reverse when I backed into the garage, then as soon as it was at idle, it would just do it agian, like i had a huge cam in it, or a massive blower on it. I just parked it, and went inside. What could this be???? My mods are as followed: Blackwing CAI, Ported maf, Ls6 intake, SLP longtubes, 3"cats, SLP 3" catback(dual H pipe), Borla stingers. I just put a new pcv in it the other day, and a Cambell Housefeld Air line separator post pcv/pre-intake manifold (It works BTW). Its been fine with my mods, until now. Bad MAF????? Bad TPS???? Would a bad crank position sensor cause that?(maybe it melted to the header????) WTF..... Any input would be great. I dont have any scan tools. No SES light came on.
Thanks,
J