Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to NOS

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to NOS

New to NOS thinking about getting this kit here from jegs. http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...88&prmenbr=361 I know its "Dry" but I seen alot of people running it dry. Everything on my car is stock accept for gears and exhaust. (Mods in sig) Should I go for this kit? I havent seen any "Wet" kits for our car specifically.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Please, please, please don't call nitrous NOS. It's very ricey.

Anyways if you want to go with a dry nitrous kit, I'd suggest Nitro Daves Halo kit(Nitrous Outlet sponser link on the right ---> ). It has an awesome design and a lot of people on this forum will tell you they are really happy with it. I don't have it personally but from what I have read, it's a great kit. The NOS 5177 kit is a great kit as well, easy to use and all that, but I'd rather go with the Halo kit myself. Don't forget about all the safety accessories you'll need as well.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

what other stuff will I need? Sorry about the NOS thing but thats the name brand it is.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Go here, it'll anwser all your questions
Old 02-19-2005, 04:02 PM
10 Second Club

JEG'S is a total rip off. look to the sponsers for better deals plus they will help with good tech support that jeg's can't do. I can personally vouch for nitro dave they are a great bunch and have great deals.

noticed you are in NC, where abouts?
Old 02-19-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a great safe starter kit that can be added to later if you want. NOS has a add on wet kit for the 5177 if you want to change later. You can split the n2o noids and go dual stage, and if you take jets out it'll be about a 180hp shot. Very versitle kit with everything to get started. Check my web site for install pics and also go to links for more info including thread on debate wet vs dry. Nitro Dave does carry this kit and I do agree, buy from site sponsers.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

there's several wet kits available for the ls1, mostly sponsors are going to have the most specific kit, although when it comes down to it, they are all the same basically, if you dont plan on doing any other mods a dry kit will be fine, a little cheaper also, just check around and support the sponsors, jegs and summit and similar kinds wont be able to give you the customer service that some of the sponsors can give you. Besides a kit, you might want to get a wide open throttle switch, and window switch, or just spray it when you want, they just make it more convienient and "safe" in my mind becaue there's no accidental button hitting.